• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Prescott Ice

icefisher4ever

I plan on fishing the st croix in prescott on saturday and was wondering if a guy needs an extensoion for the auger?

Hi 37 marine, you will quickly learn that as a newbie to the site, you are often better off to go back through all of the old posts and read through them to get valuable information. there is probably more info on the Croix than you really even need already posted here. Don't take it the wrong way....I mean no disrespect at all. People just see you are new and simply don't respond because they figure you haven't gone back and done your reading homeowork before asking questions. Good luck on the Croix and welcome to the site!

Prescott normally has a patch of open water, so yes there is current, be carefull. Plus Bayport has a patch of openwater as well. The Croix has current is places unlike other narrow fast moving rivers, but enough current easily to make thin ice.

Keep catchin'

Turk

man the river was as dead as a graveyard today it was a joke i only had 1 bite thats it and a guy snapped his line on a fish. But i have never fished the river where its that slow. It wa a JOKE! but i still had fun