• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Is Nathan Next?

Dahitman44

i was watching the news tonight, and when they had the twins on for sports, they were talking that its going to be soon before Nathan gets a new deal with the twins. So it sounds like there going to get him a deal to stay with us.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dahitman44

• Scott K

• tisosy11

• Gary Crichton

The MN Twins website said a deal would be done today -- 4 years. I guess they should know it is their site?

Good! I like Nathan. He is somewhat the back bone to our bullpen. They need a good closer to hold any leads are young guys bring to the bullpen.

Supposed to be 4 years at 11 or 12 million a year...

IMO, he could still be a deadline deal in the next year or two. If the Twins got the right price, a good, young starter and an outfielder, I bet they would ship him.

I would too -- for some GREAT not good young players.

Still need a 3B down the line.

I know we all wanted Nathen to stay here, mainly cause he is one heck of a closer. But I don't quite understand why they would sign him now. If your going to let Santana and Hunter go, they are kind of admitting to put the young guys in and build for the future. By building for the future I mean, like 2 or 3 years down the road. Tying up all that money on a closer for a team that will be lucky to be within 5 games of .500 does not make sense to me. To me it makes sense to pay that to another good starting pitcher or add a couple million and give it to HUNTER. Or give half to an ok starter and half to an ok center fielder. By doing this you would have more of a chance to make a run in the future and now. So yeah we may only have 1 guy bat over .300 and we may have only one pitcher with 14+ wins this year but at least we have a closer for when we actually score 4 runs in a game and hold the opposition to 2 or 3.

Hester

I think the Twins will do better then you think this year! I think they will compete for the wild card. With out Nathan, They may not. I think the Twins will have a strong second half of the season. We have power, we have speed, we have alot of young pictures that have question marks, but we have alot of them to try, and if we get the right combination of them, we may be good!

No, but the negativity in this town does suck.

Actually I have been unable to listen to Commmon for a

couple years now due to my new job.

But now that you mention it, that would be a little

common like.

And just for the record, i am against the stadium.

Hester

ESPN last night was questioning the move -- their arguement was why pay this guy so much money now???? Why not put that money towards an extra year on Santana's offer and keep him and put Pat in as the closer...something to think about

I think it is smart money.

If the kids move along this year like some of them think they will -- could have a nice rotation next season.

NOT awesome, but nice.

It was NOT awsome when we had santana and silva, what's wrong with liriano, boof, baker and sloughy.

Not TOOOOO bad?

They could trade Nathan this year. The twins signed him to a realatively cheap deal for a top notch PROVEN closer. If the twins struggle this year and the young arms aren't where Anderson expects them. The twins could easily deal Nathan, because it is much more attractive to acquire a 3-4 year contract of a stud instead of a half year.

Nathan could still be next...

Hey, anyone see the forecast for Monday (twins opener) 30 degrees and snow...can't you just wait for winter baseball when the new park opens up!!!!

Yeah -- we ALL know that we need a roof in April, and most of May

Originally Posted By: Dahitman44
Yeah -- we ALL know that we need a roof in April, and most of May

Some of September and October!

Yeah -- they have this figured out. We will all complain and whine about it then they will build a NEW stadium again and put a roof on again.

They are tricky devils.

Agreed...I would like to see something set up to still use the dome in case of rain/snow/etc. Especially if its just going to be sitting empty...

This would also insure lengthy travelers seeing games.

A retractable roof is almost a must when playing games in April, May, September, October.

Most dislike the metrodome because they did it on the cheap...now they will not like 33 degree baseball games either...

That was pure stupidity on their part of no retractable roof.

They must have met in Florida or Phoenix and decided NO ROOF NEEDED. I can see quite q few out of towners not even thinking of coming down or up to MAYBE see a game.

The worst part about it is, this stadium isnt set up to add a roof either, so it will be we need a differnt one with a roof!

I was surprised that they didn't change the plans - I mean come on...brrr!

Isn't that one of the reasons they built the Metrodome. I mean the OLD MET was great.

Originally Posted By: garyc
Isn't that one of the reasons they built the Metrodome. I mean the OLD MET was great.

Yes it was!

I think the cold takes away from players abilities. I know playing softball and coaching baseball for 30+ years, there were nights I did not want to be there, due to the weather.

Every time the subject comes up, I say we should not be having this discussion. Retractable Roof YES NO QUESTIONS ABOUT IT. We live in a cold climate..........

Those guys were DUMB not to make it roof-ready. Or smart? Then they can get a diff. stadium?????

"Dem boyz R Mart."

;\)

just be prepared for more injuries and tweaks! The cold is not great on baseball muscles...

Originally Posted By: PierBridge
Baseball is meant to be played outdoors on grass period.

What if there isnt grass, what if there is snow, ice, inches of rain? You know, just like what MN April, May, Sept, October brings us? Is it meant to be played on frozen fake grass?

That ataboy 4wandering. You are right on the money. Just look how long it took for Cleveland to play it's first home game last year. If I am not mistaken their first home game was in MILWAUKEE, and not Cleveland. I wonder where our first home game will be played in 2010. (Any one want to give me odds) I wonder how big the crowd would be this March 31st. if we played in new park. Highs in the upper 30's maybe low 40's. I remember being on the ice in upper 30's low 40's with rain. Was NOT NO fun.

I bet it wil be played in the Dome grin.gif. Maybe they will play them cold wet, rainy, snowy, too hot games in the Dome, and the sunny 60-75 degree games in the new stadium!