• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I was out there before the cold snap and managed a few nice ones out in deeper water 25 plus feet. MOVE MOVE MOVE was the only way I could find them.

last night me and my family were out in our house I was in a portable with my brother and we just hammered them in about 36 feet of water. French lake p.m

fish slabber, were you by the big hole?? if so I think I might have seen you. I tried the real deep stuff next to the 2 perms with little success and then moved to the other hole and got a few.

fished 48' this evening lots of small crappies did manage a 13" crappie that was suspended at 32' marked a few other bigger ones as well but they where pretty tight lipped checked the northwets hole about 3pm and all I caught was 5"r's sure would like to find those 12"r's everyone is bellering about.... left at about 5:30pm anyone had success after dark?

Quote:
sure would like to find those 12"r's everyone is bellering about....

Been almost 10 days since I've come across anything 12" or bigger.Use to get one a day but I'm out there twice a day for a total of (10) hours usually.

Mid Jan for two weeks you would find a big one roaming and get lucky. I've had well over a dozen @ 13" up to just under 16" most around 14.5" and two just under 16".

I have (2) houses on the lake and the big ones were never gathered or settled where you were marking them.

They were all suspended 3' - 4'above the others and would just come through quick. I never after catching one would see a mark in that area and never caught two in the same 15 minute time period. All were very sensitive on the bite the ones I've caught.

TB pan fish rod was excellent to detect them and fun to bring them in. Anything blue and tipped with a head or tail is what I got all of mine on. (red trebles) \:\)

Weeks ago (2) you would mark fish constant which now is not the same. They are there but not like they were, and they have been real lite biters and lethargic now in my experience.