• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

pearl lake

prechlerker

You and everyone else hit it 3-4 days a week last year lean...not too surprised the fishing went to the shyter after the kind of pressure that lake has received.

Will be awhile before it is back to where it was

Went out there yesterday saw couple older fellows catching some sunnies.STOP KEEPING EVERYTHING YOU CATCH.They kept every sunny they caught.They were so small i don't think i could even fillet them.

I was in the same boat as you perch, took the family out to breakfast and on the way back, my youngest daughter yakked it all back up on herself, carseat and such. So instead of fishing I was cleaning up. sick.gifmad.gif The only thing I caught that day was a buzz. I think I went through a 1/2 liter of vodka and 12pk of beer just to keep myself going. Thought about hitting pearl but had heard mixed reviews.

Any1 been out to Pleasant Lake this winter? If so got any reports? Looks like were just about neighbors perch(i live in becker) Just figured i'd throw in my 2 cents.

Fischer

Hi neighbor what lakes do you normally fish around here? Pretty much the only lake i fish is pearl in the winter don't have much time for open water.I know a few good spots to catch eye's off shore not far from here last year we had a lot around opener.Brought my oldest daughter for her first opener. Did she have a blast.She fell off a rock and got a plain hook stuck in her knee all the way past the barb.My brother and I got it out after a half hr. I was freaking out more than her.She had a rough first opener and she can't wait till this year.

I hit up pearl, grand, the horseshoe chain, some lakes in the kimball area or wherever my buddies boat will bring me. Honestly, I fish the Missisippi more than anything. Havent made it out this winter as much as ive wanted to. I don't have a power auger and I [PoorWordUsage] near killed myself drilling 2 holes with my hand auger. I've got 4 kids of my own 2 of which are of the where I dont have to do everything 4 them. Plan on getting out with them a bunch this year.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone been out to pearl in the last week i was out 2 weeks ago and did good.

Was out Sunday on the far side, caught a bass and a few crappie, moved a bit, no real pattern but pink jigs and nuggies got all the action. Slow overall, I'm sick of winter.

I was out there last Friday and did well. One bass, a couple of crappies and an endless supply of sunnies and bluegills. Some were nice size but they all went back. I'm just not a big fan of cleaning them. Vertical glow jigs and waxies.

How is the shoreline ice holding up? People still driving trucks out?

I drove out last night, but the access was broken up a little bit. I had to go around to the right. There was also about 4 inches of water on the lake. I saw a few spots where 8 inch holes were now about 12-14 inch holes due to the amount of water running into them. My guess is that this weekend will be the last driving on.

Well I hit the lake on saturday. Access was in good shape, but yeah, had to go to the right. All the slush or water was frozen so driving was very easy.

Started out slow in 16 ft, moved to 13 ft and still nothing. Then moved about 30 ft away into 12 ft and BAM! Some real nice sunnies and a few dink crappies mixed in. Caught about 30 or so total. I would say about half the sunnies were keeper size. Only 1 out of the 10 crappies was big enough to keep. I let them all go though.

Ice was about 37 inches thick. Only had 1 inch of clearance before finally breaking through the bottom.

I was out yesterday and found hundreds of small sunnies in about 12 feet. The vex looked like a xmas tree, but most of the ones I got were pretty small. I did manage to sort out five, though, with two nice crappies mixed in, but all in all it was pretty slow. Catching 4'' fish is only fun for so long! \:\)

I was out there on Sunday as well...Did decent...Had to sort thru the pannies...

However, something kinda strange. I had 6 holes drilled in my house and in each hole, the water was a brown-rustic color? I've never seen this before out there. I didn't have water running into my holes either? Any idea's?

That's strange. It must be a localized phenomenon because the water in all of the holes we drilled (or just kicked open) was just fine.

24_7- maybe you ran the auger through something a dog left behind on the ice earlier this winter, which would explain the brown coloring \:\)

I'll agree the small sunnies are only fun to catch for so long. I can handle it if there is the occasional nice one but otherwise it gets old real fast.

SAngler....I was thinking it was a deposit left from a dog too...I don't remember seeing any St. Bernards out there or anything...LOL Because it would have taken a lot to fill in 6 holes in my house and then I had another hole drilled outside 10 feet away or so, and every single one was brown. Oh well...What is the impact of this heavy snow on the lake going to have...Granted it isn't her to stay very long.

The heavy snow will prevent me from falling on my behind when I'm walking around! I saw like four guys fall last weekend, one of whom was myself! There is something very quaint and not particularly graceful about watching a large man spill himself arse over tea kettle all over the ice.

Carmike...I hear you there...I was one of them too. It didn't take me long to put on the ice cleats.

I wish I would have had 'em with. I suppose the snow will melt fast enough so that I'll need them next time.

went out today with my oldest daughter had a few sunnnies nothing big threw them all back. at least she had fun.

Originally Posted By: Hunting_24_7
I was out there on Sunday as well...Did decent...Had to sort thru the pannies...

However, something kinda strange. I had 6 holes drilled in my house and in each hole, the water was a brown-rustic color? I've never seen this before out there. I didn't have water running into my holes either? Any idea's?

I was out on Sunday also and had the same brown stuff. I couldn't even see the bottom of the hole. We had some decent luck, brought home 2 dozen gils and 6 crappies. I was quite suprised with the size of them because in the past all I have gotten were small.