• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
SWMuskeye

Tougher Bite on Tonka!!

SWMuskeye

Its been a frustrating last two weeks out there, I haven't caught many walleyes at all for my efforts. It was going good early in the year, but unfortunately, the walleye bite has slowed down like it always does this time of year.

Does anyone have any ideas on where a guy could move his house on Lower Lake North or Lower Lake South (think from Gideons north to Wayzata Bay) where I might have a chance at some crappies?

Right now I'm between point charming and comfort and its the dead sea other than thousands of suspended sunfish.

Lets help each other and get back on some fish!!

I've been hearing reports from Mark about deepwater basins, but there are a lot of those to scout.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
      Smoken!
    • smurfy
      so eyeguy.......you keep them? picklin material???????? to many bones for anything else!!!!   nice pictures.!!!!! how many line tangles already!!!😄
    • eyeguy 54
      Hello thursday
    • Smoker2
    • maxpower117
      No wake is in effect currently and will be for the weekend opener.  Spread the word. 
    • Pat McGraw
      I wouldn't read too much into the open water in Oak Narrows. There's been open water there for more than a month. There's clearly forces other than air temps or sunshine at work there. With that said, considering the data shared by delcecchi, and the current 15-day forecast I am not without hope.
    • Rick
      The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources Enforcement Division has promoted four officers – Chelsie Leuthardt, Brandon McGaw, Jen Mueller and Brett Oberg – to the position of regional training officer. They’ve been in their new positions since April 18.  The Enforcement Division’s six regional training officers are responsible for training the state’s conservation officers on topics such as defensive tactics, firearms and use of force. In addition, they train and work closely with the 6,000 volunteers who are integral to delivering the division’s education and safety training program. (The largest number of volunteers, about 4,000, are firearms safety instructors.) Regional training officers also spend a portion of their time performing the traditional field duties of a conservation officer. Following are brief bios of the newly promoted officers: Chelsie Leuthardt has been a conservation officer for four years and most recently patrolled the White Bear Lake area. “I’ve made strong connections with many instructor groups and look forward to working with them more closely,” said Leuthardt, whose area includes the southeastern part of the state. “I enjoy working with our user groups and helping to form how we train our next generations of outdoor enthusiasts.” Brandon McGaw has been a conservation officer since 2007. For most of that time, he’s been stationed in the Mora area. He’s also been a Conservation Officer Academy instructor, field training officer, firearms instructor and use of force instructor. “I really love teaching,” said McGaw, whose area includes 10 counties north of the metro. “I enjoy connecting with the students as well as the older adults who take safety training courses.” Jen Mueller began her career as a conservation officer in the Hutchinson-West station in 2012. Mueller, who was promoted after serving as an acting regional training officer, said she learned quickly that participating in the Enforcement Division’s youth safety programs was one of her favorite parts of the job. “I’m amazed by our volunteer instructor groups and how passionate they are about what they’re teaching,” said Mueller, whose area includes the southwestern part of the state. “I also enjoy teaching our officers and helping them become better equipped to deal with situations they may face in the field.” Brett Oberg has been a conservation officer for 13 years and spent much of that time in the Hutchinson-East station. He’s also been an armorer, field training officer and use of force instructor. “I really enjoy training others and seeing youth get excited about the outdoors, especially firearms and hunting,” said Oberg, whose area includes the south metro and south-central part of the state. “I also enjoy teaching at the Conservation Officer Academy and helping the new recruits become conservation officers.” The four officers join Regional Training Officer Mike Lee, who covers the northeastern part of the state, and Acting Regional Training Officer Greg Oldakowski, who is responsible for the northwestern part of the state. Bruce Lawrence is the Enforcement Division’s statewide recreational vehicle coordinator. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Rick
      Calves mark successful introduction of Theodore Roosevelt National Park herd genetics With new bison calves expected at Minneopa State Park in the coming weeks and months, managers with the Department of Natural Resources Parks and Trails division are reminding visitors to keep calves’ safety in mind by remaining in their vehicles along the park’s popular bison range road.  “The bison cows are incredibly protective of their calves, and it’s tempting for park visitors to get out of their vehicles to take photos,” said Parks and Trails area supervisor Craig Beckman. “However, it’s important for people to remember to stay in their vehicles for the safety of these calves, their mothers and other park visitors.” The new additions are offspring of the bison bull that was introduced in December 2016. That’s significant, Beckman said, because the bison bull comes from Theodore Roosevelt National Park and possesses a genetic line that’s not well represented in the Minnesota Bison Conservation Herd. That genetic line will contribute to the herd’s overall genetic health and diversity. While Minneopa State Park is seeing its first successful additions to the herd, the bison herds at Blue Mounds State Park and the Minnesota Zoo are also seeing new calves this year. For visitors viewing the bison at state parks, patience can be rewarded. “Newborns need time for maternal bonding, and may be hard to see from the road for a while, but as they grow and mature, they become more visible,” Beckman said. “We tell visitors that they will be more likely to see the bison if they are patient and take it slow as they drive through the range.” Bison viewing tips: The bison drive begins near the campground off state Highway 68. A vehicle permit ($7/one-day or $35/year-round) is required to enter the park. Bison may be difficult to spot at times. Drive slowly and keep a watchful eye through the range. Remain inside vehicle while driving through the bison range. Bison should be given clearance of at least 75 feet from people and vehicles at all times. Dogs can make bison nervous, so pets must be kept on a leash while in the park and hiking around the bison range. Bison get nervous around loud noises or lots of activity, so keep voices down and movements to a minimum to help keep the bison within easy viewing. Hiking is not allowed inside the range, but there are hiking trails all the way around the outside of the range that can provide some fantastic views of the bison. The bison are part of the Minnesota Bison Conservation Herd, managed through a formal agreement between the DNR and Minnesota Zoo. The partners are working together to preserve American plains bison and plan to grow the herd at several locations, including Blue Mounds and Minneopa state parks and the Minnesota Zoo. The goal is a 500-animal herd at multiple locations. Genetic testing of the herd from 2011 to 2014 found them largely free of any genetic material that would have come from cross-breeding with cattle. Less than 1 percent of all American plains bison tested so far have been found free of cattle genes. Visitors at Minneopa can check the park website for updates on the bison herd and its new calves at mndnr.gov/Minneopa. The site also provides more information about the park, including a virtual tour. Minneopa State Park is located off U.S. Highway 169 and state Highway 68, 5 miles west of Mankato. The bison range road is open Thursday through Tuesday each week from 9am to 3:30pm. For more information about the Minnesota Bison Conservation Herd on the Minnesota Zoo website or visit mndnr.gov/bison. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Rick
      The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources has scheduled an auction of confiscated hunting and fishing equipment for Saturday, Aug. 4. The auction, which is open to the public, will include items from people who forfeited their equipment after committing serious game and fish violations. More than 200 firearms, over 40 bows, and a variety of other hunting and fishing-related equipment will be available.  The auction will be at Hiller Auction Service in Zimmerman. Public inspection of the items will be available in advance of the auction. All equipment will be sold as-is, including all defects or faults, known or unknown. Once they’ve been purchased, items cannot be returned. Background checks are required of anyone who purchases a firearm. Revenue from confiscated equipment auctions goes into the Game and Fish Fund, which is the DNR’s primary fund for delivering fish, wildlife and law enforcement programs. Details about the auction will be available as the date draws closer. For more information, see mndnr.gov/enforcement/auctions/index.html. A list of equipment to be auctioned will be posted online approximately one month in advance of the auction at www.hillerauction.com. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Rick
      Some anglers go above and beyond to make fishing better in Minnesota by purchasing walleye stamps that help the Department of Natural Resources add walleye to lakes where there otherwise would be none.  “Buying a walleye stamp is a concrete way to help maintain fishing opportunities in Minnesota,” said Neil Vanderbosch, DNR fisheries program consultant. Funds from walleye stamps go toward the cost of purchasing 4- to 6-inch walleye called fingerlings from private fish farms for stocking into lakes. A walleye stamp is not required to fish for or keep walleye. Anglers with a fishing license can purchase the walleye stamp validation for $5, and for an extra 75 cents can have the pictorial stamp mailed to them. Walleye stamps can be purchased anywhere Minnesota fishing licenses are sold, online at mndnr.gov/buyalicense or by phone by calling 888-665-4236. Alternatively, anglers can download a form found at mndnr.gov/stamps and return it to the DNR to have the stamp mailed. The DNR raises and stocks walleye, but also buys walleye fingerlings from private producers to be stocked into lakes – walleye stamp sales help pay for these fish. Since 2009, funds from the walleye stamp have purchased over 40,000 pounds of walleye fingerlings that have been stocked in the fall, all over the state. Walleye fingerlings generally are stocked in lakes that do not have naturally reproducing walleye populations. A vast majority of the walleye Minnesota anglers catch come from waters where the fish reproduce naturally – about 260 larger walleye lakes and in large rivers. But because of stocking, walleye can be found in an additional 1,050 Minnesota lakes spread throughout the state. More information about habitat stamps can be found at mndnr.gov/stamps. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.