• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
deere322

Boy Bay - Leech Lake

deere322

Many years ago I used to fish Boy Bay and catch nice crappies and sunnies, but haven't fished there for about 15 years. The resort in the area used to plow a road out about a mile or so where the fish were. But they sold it and the new owners didn't plow out that far.

So, I'd like to head back there and give it a go and was wondering if anyone has fished Boy Bay lately and if the big panfish were still around. Also is there a plowed road out a mile or so and how are the snow conditions on the lake?

Grady

Snow has settled and with the -20 of this evening, it should be pretty crusty. There is truck traffic on most parts of the lake.

I have not been in the Boy bay area so I can't help you there.

fishportable

Any one been having any luck on the north end of bear island?????

Bad Moon

I was near there last weekend and there are no houses out on the north end of Bear Island. We tried a few spots for perch on our sleds and got none. There is a plowed road from Pikedale Resort going to some cabins on Bear Island and it looked like some vehicle tracks came from the Pointview access. Snow was not deep but crusty. You could drive about anywhere.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• MinDak Hunter
      The ice was very crystallized last night but still 20+ inches.
    • SupraFishin
      Saw this on Facebook:  
    • BrianF
      Drifter, I hope you are right about having more open water than ice.  Was looking more closely at the average ice out dates maintained by the DNR. The avg dates for the lakes that dot the southern most part of the state are approximately one month ahead of the lakes that dot the northern part of the state like Burnt, Kab, and Vermilion.  As of this morning, none of those lakes in the southern part of the state are ice out.  Are we still a month away from open water on V then?  God I hope not, but the math isn’t helping me feel confident. 
    • meerkat
      I heard there is open water in the oak narrows by Timbuktu marina!!
    • kelly-p
      "Kelly looks like you need an extension for your dock."   But I don't think I have to worry about any boats hitting it.    It should be an interesting Opener.
    • BRULEDRIFTER
      A truck broke through Birch Lake the other day in like 20fow, an ATV broke through Prairie Lake and a man lost his life. The ice is deteriorating RAPIDLY. There will be some ice chunks, but I firmly believe there will be more open water than ice by May 12.  Temps up here are forecasted near 70 for a few days next week.     
    • Surface Tension
      Looking at the beach cam there is a lot of ice on shore. Don't know how far that goes into the water though.  Last week in April- first week in May is when I come down to seine. 
    • AlwaysFishing23
      Well you learn something new every day! I always thought it was mad made. Makes sense now why it formed now.
    • Surface Tension
      Drove through last week and noticed the ditches didn't have much water compared to other years. Kelly looks like you need an extension for your dock.
    • Jim Almquist
      I hung it up last Saturday. Could have gone on Sunday but choose to spend time with my Grandson instead. Need to meet up with the guys over in central Mn. one of these days.