• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Me and a buddy are looking to catch some eyes and have never fished the area for them before, we are both students at mankato state so somewhere within an hours drive would be nice, any tips would be appreciated, if you want to email me instead of posting feel free:

[email protected]

I would either hit Madison,Tetonka,Elysian,German or Jefferson personally, I know that's a big list, but for me the eyes are in slow mo right know, if you spend alot of time searching and chasing them you might hook into one or two here and there,i'm mainly pursuing the crappie bite that's going on everywhere around here and fishing the eye's only once in awhile, not trying to get your hopes down, but I find this time of year a tough eye bite, were a couple weeks away and a few days of warmer temps before things to start heating up, early ice and late season seems to be the best for me on these lakes. If you do go out and search the best luck I've had is in deep water off of steep breaks where the sand transitions into the mud, run dead sticks or tipups with large baits, Theres a report or two a page or so back that you might want to look at as well, some good info for this area, Good Luck

Hanska for the most part has been slow on the walleyes for the past month. I personally haven't been out there for a couple of weeks because the fishing out there is really never that good during a cold snap, but from what I have heard it has been slow still. I will be out there maybe tomorrow, but for sure Friday and most of the weekend. I will give a report after each outing!