• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

So is there any size to the crappies on chester. I've been driving to waterville looking for crappies but I haven't found any size. Wondering if I could stay local and find some fish to make a little smoke in the pan. I would go to lake zumbro but I have no idea where to start.

Both Chester and lake Zumbro are tough to figure out for a newbie. On chester, I'd recommend walking out at least to the end of the first finger where it opens up into the main lake. Try 24-28 FOW. A flasher is helpful, but most of the bluegills are in the bottom 3' and the crappies are often times suspended around 6-8' off the bottom.

On the Zumbro, the highbanks, rattlesnake, and the sunken barn and decent places to try. 23 FOW is pretty standard out there.

As I mentioned, both these lakes are tough to learn from scratch. Going out with somebody that has been there before would be a huge benefit. If you don't know anybody, a UPLR event is another option.

There are very nice crappies in both Chester Woods and Lake Zumbro. It just takes a little lookin and findin.

Tipup 101 a buddy and myself went to the Zumbro Sat. and did fine we caught 10-12 in. Crappies on minnow heads.

I may be heading out in the A.M. Maybe I could hook up with you out there if you would like. Let me know

Love to go tomorrow. But I think I'll be spreading sand in the morn. A freind of mine went to Zumbro today and caught a pile of crappies. 10-12 inchers all where released. Problem is I will not dive on that lake. Its a long walk with the shack I might have to license the old John Deere. Thanks for the tips I'll quit whinning. Hey where is the sunken barn?

Tipup 101 if u would like to go I can wait till later and no worries I can drive. I hate ice fishing alone BORING. But I will if I have to.

Well I'm heading out there sat. I wish i could go today but plowing snow gonna be on the top of my to do list today. If only I could get paid to screw off!

we had a blast caught a ton of Crappie and a few gills all on minnow heads. so so so fun

Hay fishgetter can share what type of jig with the minow head works the best and what or were is the sunken barn.

Thank you for your help Wallee

I was using a black tear drop and my friend was using a green one. We hit them on both. Sat. we used glowing jigs. Sunken Barn not sure

The sunken barn is an old barn foundation that was there before they dammed up the zumbro. It is located off to the west of rattlesnake. Kinda towards the beginning of the highbanks, but right out in the middle, you will know when you have reached it cause of the village of shacks in the middle of the lake.

Oh yeah, and driving is pretty safe, we were out last night chasing cats and had over two feet of ice. Just stick to the beaten paths.