• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

favorite kind of body of water

Burnham

what is your favorite kind of body of water to fish?lake, stream, river, big river(miss, st croix, that kinda thing), ocean, etc. Mine is rivers, like the rum grin.gif. i dont know how to put it but theres somethin bout them that i love, they have more character than lakes. i love tubing down the rum and fishing, smallies seem to put an even bigger fight on when you are on a tube. i also think that its just fun to tube and do those kinds of things down river, whether you are fishing or not.

I can't give you a favorite. One of my favorite things to do is open water trolling on big lakes like Mille Lacs or Erie, but that's not the only way I want to fish. Besides big lakes I also fish small and medium lakes, resevoirs, rivers, and occasionally the ocean. I like them all grin.gif

Flowages and reservoirs, they hold a lot of fish of a wide variety of species without the navigational hazard of rivers. That or lakes with larger rivers and streams flowing in and out. They just hold more fish than other lakes.

My favorite is a lake that has been flooded and there is timber and weedlines present. You just can't beat casting cranks in these conditions!

The ones named lac suel! grin.gif I would say small rivers for smallies, can wade and hike and tons of fish. All by yourself and never know whats going to be around the next turn, seen bears, lots of deer, wolves. No boat yet

I like clear, deep lakes that hold good numbers of fish and don't have any recreational boaters on it. Thats just me...

i fish mostly stained water.lots of rock piles and reefs.i also fish a couple clear water lakes but most of them around where i live have to much recreational boaters on it.

I like small, clear, shallow lakes. Or at least clear lakes with shallow structure. My favorite all time lake is in Canada, where you can sight fish for bass up to 15 yards away in like 6 feet of water.

I'm with grousehunter. Small rivers with waders going slow and steady enjoying the surroundings. Catch tons of fish, I've never seen a bear or wolf though!

Medium to small sized lakes with lots of structure with a well-established weedline and lots of shallow cover as well.

Man, I'm in heaven.

Hurry up and melt, dang it....

yea i agree that clear lakes are fun, i love watchin the fish take my lure, especially when you watch them take your lure in 10+ ft deep water

Lakes with rocks and islands and reefs! Lakes like rainy, vermillion rule. I would like it better with less recreational boaters and jet skis, but a few arent bad. I could also go with the Lac Suel vote!

Small to medium sized rivers have always had a place in my heart. I especially like the idea that you can catch so many different kinds of fish. Many of these rivers have very little pressure on them, which provides the angler some great solitude as well.

MJ

I have to agree with MJ and dtro on medium sized rivers.You get the best of everything, in that sized river.

yea i think MJ summed it up perfect, ahhh i dont think i can ever get enough of rivers!!

Anything that my boat fits into at this point. \:\/

Mille Lacs, Big Sandy Lake, Tetonka, Bowstring. Are my favs.

Around here; small canadian shield type lakes, and big lakes with lots of islands (lotw, canadian side type). Alaska glacial rivers are fantastic, and over the last few years i've spent a lot of time on the ocean. Blue water trolling is a world of it's own. You never know what might pop up out there, a 12 foot ray, whales, maybe a school of spinner dolphin 1/2 a mile wide with 100 lb. tuna jumping with them! It's so far removed from anything I grew up doing in MN, but every time I get back I'm already planning a return trip:)

I love fishing lakes with deep cabbage beds. There are always fish in deep cabbage. I also love fishing underwater points.

Brian

Smaller rivers with smallies in are awesome. I also love to fish small natural lakes either with my smaller bass boat or get into ones without access in my canoe.

As long as I can get a boat on it and there are fish in it, it is my favorite with only one qualification - I hate water that is extremely dirty - either by mud or algae bloom. Don't like fishing in pea soup...

Love the Rum, love Tonka and Gull, love Koronis, love Coon, love the ole Miss too.

Daze Off

Originally Posted By: EBass
Ditto what Grant said. Now I'm dreaming of summer

dude, it seems winter has become a way to kill time before catfishing again \:\)