• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thank you Burntside Bashers!

I'd like to throw my thanks out there as well. Alot of good work by great people. cool.gif

I was glad to meet the FMers I did and thinking back, wish we would've hooked up with a bigger group rather than headin out on our own. But now that I've experienced a Bash, I'll know better. grin.gif

Still didn't get to meet everyone I hoped to, so all the more reason to return and try other get togethers like Dtro's coming up.

Casaloma, thanks for keeping an eye on my bretheren. ;\) You're a pretty cool dude.

Frank, we'll save you and Jr. a pizza next year so you don't have to walk down to Wiseguy's for food! I hear they have the best in town though.

Harvey Lee, I don't think I'll get into fantasy NASCAR yet. All my picks would be the same number and team for every race - and well - THATS just a fantasy!!!

Catfish, It was a pleasure. Thanks for the "Local" paperwork. And if we can make an outing yet this year, there'll be another 3.2 lb wrapped Riversider in it for you. And you know I'll deliver.

To the others that I met, also a pleasure. Lots of nice people.

Now, back to work....... \:\(

Just let me know, Wanderer. Now that a whole bunch of FMers fished a ton of new water at the Bash, I've got lots and lots of new proven spots to fish. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

One of the things I've learned after this Bash in particular is not so much about new spots, but it's been burned into my memory how there either are some spots on the spot that are better than those even 30 feet away or, just as possible, there's something one person is doing that's attracting more trout on that particular day than the person next door. Time and time again I found and heard that one person was seeing lots of fish on the same structure as his/her buddies while many others were either seeing none or only a few. I've sure seen that myself when fishing in groups, but when something is repeated year after year it eventually goes into even this thick German/Irish skull. grin.gifgrin.gif

Of course, you can't figure everything out. That's just fishing, but it does give a person pause.

Wanderer, you COULD leave me that silver fox hat in your will. Puts mine to shame. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

This was my 2nd bash in as many years; of course it was fun and a great experience, Thanks to everyone who was involved! I’m glad to say that I finally tore into my first laker; it only took 6 days of fishing for them to land one!

Hovermn & myself came up on Thursday and stayed in his sleeper house that he put together and managed nothing but smelt and a rock bass the first night, the 2nd day/night same as the first night, but we saw a few on the marcums. Then the day of the bash Hovermn Managed to land a 2 lb trout and I managed to hook into one that managed to slip off my line, all in all a fun day.

Day 3 would be my day, I saw several lakers on the Marcum but couldn’t buy a bite, I got decided to toy with a few smelt and grabbed my ultra light spring bobber pole with 4 lb mono on it and fish for smelt, with in 5 minutes there was a rather large blip on the screen and a few seconds later my rod doubled over, I had to grab the line to set the hook! After a 15 Minute fight and a 5 minute battle to untangle the trout @ the bottom of the hole we managed to land the 28" 8 lb 9oz beauty! Boy were my legs and hands shakin! I had a hard time just unhooking the fish.

You will see by the pictures that I am a very happy angler and very lucky that my little atom stayed true and held on to the trout.

The lure and unhappy trout staring at us!

bash013qx1.jpg

The trout

bash019ni2.jpg

Again many thanks to everyone there and a great cause!

ShawnnyB

Thanks for the story of a really nice fish but the bad part is we now know what the new secret lure is grin.gif

Originally Posted By: jimalm
Thanks for the story of a really nice fish but the bad part is we now know what the new secret lure is grin.gif

Little Atom Optic Stealth!!

Unbelievable catch! Great fish!

How come we never ran into you guys up there?

Its way to fun reading these post!!

Yes stfcatfish, there was no getting it from his clutches. Just as I was ready to snag it, he whisked it off in one fatal swoop and that all she wrote.

Taken care of Lisa.

Now I am just trying to figure out when I can get up there again. My wife and kids want to go up for a weekend.

I kept one fish for my wife and boy for dinner. She loves most fish, but when she found out we were having lake trout, she was disgusted. My 11 yo convinced her to try it and she loved it which left less for me.

Casaloma, I will let you know time I have room.

Everyone else, thanks for making the Bash so much fun.

$40

tc, I knew you didn't have a chance at that map. It was going to be Xplorer's all the way. I chuckled in my shelter while fishing Sunday morning, wondering when he'd get the first thought in his head and gleam in his eye over the possibility that I wasn't coming back for it. I drove up to your house on my sled about 7:45 a.m. and thought about taking it down, but I heard at least two (and maybe three) distinct snores rumbling and shaking the house, and I thought I'd give Chris a wake-up present. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Shawnny, great catch on ultralight. A couple regular bashers typically use light line and panfish lures and do VERY well on Bside lakers which, after all, are TROUT, not sharks, and often like their lures small. And interesting that, on the same day Hanson et al were slaying generally eater fish on larger lures, which is not common on Bside, you zapped a biggie on a littlie. One group who did very well on Saturday with several fish to six pounds also used large lures. It was good to meet you guys when you came out of your warm house and walked over to HQ to pass the time.

Originally Posted By: hanson

Little Atom Optic Stealth!!

Unbelievable catch! Great fish!

How come we never ran into you guys up there?

Thanks guys, and Hanson I saw you at the meet n Greet but we were off to try and catch a pout, but no luck, you probly saw us we were in this set up, If you see us around feel free to stop in and say HI

monstertrucks011qt5.jpg

another Monster catch.

bash003fd3.jpg

Yup a 6 inch monster smelt that fell victom to that stealth!

That may be the case, but you have to find the fish first!

grin.gif!!!!!

That's funny right there, especially after the fact that I caught 4 smelt out of the same hole on a Nils Jigging Shad! All hit, all hooked by the middle treble in the mouth, UNREAL!

Originally Posted By: stfcatfish

Wanderer, you COULD leave me that silver fox hat in your will. Puts mine to shame. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Well, yours is kinda, um, cute. And I mean that in a manly way. grin.gifgrin.gif But sure, I'll be done with it anyway. And I'll keep it cleaner than my 2002 Tony hat!!!!

Thanks everybody I had a great time again. It was good to see new people and great to talk again with people I hadn't seen for a year.

Steve and Frank thanks for putting it all together. Stupendous job again. I will be back next year again. I am going to try to get up again this year at the beginning of March. Catfish I'll see ya sometime in June.

Cheffrey and Shannon the grilling was great! I am going to have to get up to the resort to eat one of these days. I tried to win the wild game feed but Ripstick wanted it a little more than I did.

TC brookston thanks for having your wheel house there and all the shiznit you put up with. Next year will have to teach Explorer how to count and keep Red Hanson away from the Morgan.

Explorer and Casaloma it was good to see you both and shoot the bull with you again. Some good laughs were had Sat night in TC's house. We should go fishing to Jamica sometime Mon.

Northlander it was a pleasure again and maybe I will make it up for smelt this year. My buddies thank you for the smelt they got last year. Your info really helped them out!

Whoever brought the wine on Saturday thanks and I'm sorry I forgot your name. \:\) It was a good break from the beer and it made the margaritas after taste even better!

Lonnie it was nice talking to you. Wait for those loins to go on sale for around $2lb and then use indirect heat for 1 ½ hours.

Dtro, Da_chise and Red Hanson it was good to meet you and your special friend Randy that you sent our way. \:D Nice job with the fishing guys. My friend Roy sure wanted to go over and join you but I said I wouldn't do that to fellow FMers.

Lisa and Jim, Reelemin, Ripstick, Fishgutz77, Wanderer? and others that I have forgotten or didn’t get your names it was great meeting you and chatting.

In spite of myself I finally got a laker on Sunday. My friend Roy was skunked again this year but I don't think it will stop him from coming back. He had a great time as well. Oh ya the laker was a about a pound and a half. blush.gif

Finally, Skippers Kid the phone call to Deb was the big highlight for me and I wish her and you all the best as she continues to recover! I was glad that I was there.

Chaff

Oh, one last thing. When I woke up on Sunday and saw the Jason Mitchell laker rod I won in the silent auction I noticed that the eyelets don't line up! What in the heck good does that do? Could someone explain that to me please! ;\)\:D

Thanks to everyone who had a hand in putting on another great Burntside Bash. I had a good time, and met alot of people that I only knew by name through the FM forums. Thanks again Lonnie

Quote:
Oh, one last thing. When I woke up on Sunday and saw the Jason Mitchell laker rod I won in the silent auction I noticed that the eyelets don't line up! What in the heck good does that do? Could someone explain that to me please!

chaffmj that is the way Jason Mitchell designed the rod so when you are fighting the fish your line will not be rubbing your pole and the line will only come in contact with the guides. I really love the feel of mine when using the bigger Lakers baits. Thanks also for the great pork loin it made a excellent sandwich grin.gif

Steve and frank you did a great job agian this year. Cheffrey and Shannon a job well done. Cheffrey had a good teacher with. Chaffmj sorry about that had to do it. I was told to do something for the home front or the dog will sleeping inside. Most of all would like to thank everyone who came up for this.

Jim, I believe Wanderer is being tongue-in-cheek about the Mitchell rod. Note the emoticons he used. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Originally Posted By: chaffmj

Dtro, Da_chise and Red Hanson it was good to meet you and your special friend Randy that you sent our way. \:D Nice job with the fishing guys. My friend Roy sure wanted to go over and join you but I said I wouldn't do that to fellow FMers.

I forgot about Randy LOL!

Next time come join us. Heck we were sharing our holes with non FMers

Originally Posted By: chaffmj

You probably should have come over to join us. We really wouldn't have minded. We were moved in on by locals all 3 days so there was plenty of room on the "spot". In fact, we welcomed them all to use our holes if they wanted to. I never started fishing until I had at least 25 holes in the ice so there were plenty to go around. grin.gif

Chaff, I had already decided that I am just going to bring Red his own bottle next year. grin.gif

Originally Posted By: tcbrookston
Chaff, I had already decided that I am just going to bring Red his own bottle next year. grin.gif

Deal! ;\)

I had no doubt you would go for that offer. I don't know if I have ever seen the sold on a plain though. grin.gif

I was there with my bro,his 2 kids and my dad. I had one hit, we set up by HQ, so as to check out the loot. didn't make it back over there, everyone wanted to go fish for walleyes? go figure....I know who to follow next year, and what time to get there(10:30 was a little late in my book) hope to see some of you soon.