• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

bringing the family back to Cass this june. it's been years since my father and I last fished Cass. we are looking to stay on the north side of the lake this year--any suggestions??

Resorts on the north side of Cass (or atleast the farthest north):

Break on the Lake

Horseshoe Resort

Wishbone Resort

Indy,

Our family has been coming up to Cass for 20 years with about 20+ members each year. We have always stayed at Wishbone Resort, they are the bomb!

Got to tell you that they will most likely be booked up but give Bill, Lois, Ronnie and Linda a call and tell them the Windy City Walleye Hunter recommended them.

If they are booked try Clark at the Horseshoe, right next door. He took over the place several years ago and has turned it into a top notch resort building new cabins each year and he is a heck of a guy. Some of our family members stay there each year when Wishbone is full. Tell Clark ole Windy gives him a shout as well, he is a great guy.

As for Break, we have only had one family member stay there and can say nothing good or bad about the place. I would try for Wishbone, then Horseshoe and then where ever else.

Windy

Wishbone is great! For what it's worth, I had fished just off the dock there at Wishbone each night after putting the kids to bed and had some unbelievable luck. Was never non-stop action however, almost every night something BIG.(Never caught any muskie or northern, but did lose one,was tough to tell which type but it gave me several good minutes?)Some of the better dock fishing results I've seen. Glow bobbers and leeches.I really enjoyed that boat harbor. No matter how choppy the lake the harbor was glass.

thanks for all the replies. called today-was able to secure a spot at the Horseshoe. First time for my kids--can't wait for June. One question--want to venture to another lake on the chain, which one would you recommend Kitchi or Andrusia?? we are wanting to keep the kids "busy" with panfishing during the day. thanks for all the info.

Kitchi'll be a lot quicker. We've had fun simply fishing Pug Hole. Last Spring my buddy & I caught 17 northerns outta there in 1 afternoon. Largest may have been close to 4 lbs.,(Nothing to brag about but really fun!). Pitching #8 & #10 X-raps, leaderless, towards the edge of weedlines. My buddy put a long leader on and cast a perch floater and nailed a 19 inch walleye. Never know what you'll get. Big perch & rockies caught in there too.

Plus if you do Kitchi you can incorporate a stop at the Pike Hole for lunch. You have to pass right by the Hole before getting to the bridge that leads to Kitchi. My son and I fished Kitchi once and like wanger said did ok on the toothy critters. That is where I caught a 1-2 lb walleye and had a huge muskie hit the walleye about 15 feet from our boat. My son freaked as I tried to land both fish. The muskie let go of the walleye as we tried to net them and we pulled in a "pre tenderized" walleye! Too funny.

Windy

Hey Windy,

Smoking ban has hit........why don't you come on in? We are now doing fresh fish on Friday and Saturdays.....including the fish fry.

2 weeks ago was lake trout, this past was Ahi Tuna, this week will be Costa Rican Talapia.....next week, Grouper.

Feb 8, the Tinley Park Fishing Show and Illinois Outdoors will be coming out around 5pm for their annual dinner. Big names have been at our place in the past.....

By the way, Harold Baines has been in, and Chico Walker is a weekly regular.

Get there early on weekends, there's usually a 30-45 minute wait starting from 6 til about 8.

Hope to see you soon.

I like the Sox this year!!!!!!!!!!!

Commanche,

Sounds like a plan. I like the Sox this year too! They have to be better than last year, right? I think Kenny might have a few rabbits left to pull out of the hat and now with Yohan out of the Central we can set our sights on the Kitties and Tribe only. Should be a competitive division once again.

Windy

I've stayed at Break on the Lake for 8 years,but have found the quiet and more relaxing time on Kitchi lake.I have a 5th wheel on Camp Pennington and love it there.It's small but the owners are great people who really care about your stay.The fishing is great.

Bull,

You probably pass by me (Wishbone Resort) every day on your way to Kitchi. I have not fished that lake in 10 years but this thread is giving me new ideas. How is the size of the fish on Kitchi and what is the perch action. I hate it when I am targeting eater sized walleye and I keep getting those bait stealers (6-8" perch). You feel the tommy gun tap tap tap and I try to pull my crawler away but they are usually quicker than me and I find my self re-baiting! Hip me to some spots on Kitchi, not asking for your honey holes just some general info. I might give that lake a try for a day or two and then stop at the Hole for a Mushroom Swiss burger and Honey Weiss!

Windy

The Perch can be a pain but if I can catch the Walleye anyone can.You mihgt even get lucky and land into one of those 1lb sunfish like we did last year.We ended up getting 7 1lb+ sunfish,what a treat.I love that lake because you look around and see next to no boats there so you have the humps all to yourself.Down side you have a boat ride from Cass to get there.I can't remember the last time I fished Cass for Eyes in the past4-5 years because of the fishing in Kitchi.Hope to see you out theree sometime this year and I'll point out some spots for ya.

Bull,

I will be up there July 21st thru Aug 1st. Staying at Wishbone Resort and I mostly drive a Red Lund Alaskan with a 40 4 stroke Merc. I have had numerous people stop me on Cass and ask if I was the Windy City Walleye Hunter, makes me feel almost famous. I have had guys who say they don't post, just stalkers and then some that do post and they tell me their screen names and we usually have a good chat for a few moments. I can be found for 3 or 4 days of my trip, usually in the mornings with Brian Jones of First Choice Guide Service. I won't say what his boat looks like to avoid "tailgaters".

I would love to run into you (not literally) and spend a day or two on Kitchi.

Windy

Since we're getting into the baseball talk, all I can say is even though Johan sold out, the Sox still don't stand a popcorn farts chance of doing anything in the AL Central. There is really no excuse why Detroit doesn't walk away with it if they stay healthy. The only good thing going for Minnesota's team, the Twinkies (which I admit is my team as well), is that if he is healthy like they are saying, they have an even more dominant pitcher than Johan in Liriano to blow away the opponents. GO TWINKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree all the way around. tigers should walk away with the chi-sox and twinkies second best. liriano is not healthy--we might see glimpses of the old liriano by all-star break. note: see mike prior/kerry wood bios. GO CUBS!! Give me some walleye news up there--awful quiet on Cass.

indycubs

jlehn,the northern fishing is great just hit the weed humps on the lake and you can't keep em off.Also there are alot of cabbage beds to hit on the north end of the lake that hold some nice size northerns.

Windy,I would love to meet up wiht ya and swap stories :)maybe you can give me some pointers to help get a few more eye's in the boat,like I said I'm not very good at getting em but I get a few.I'm more of the Northern/Muskie guy but love the walleyes also.Keep in touch and I'll do my best to make sure I'm up that weekend.(25th-27th)

Oh I'm in my Aluimacraft 18.5 tourny pro with 200 merc optimax.(silver)

Be careful Otis,

The Twinks will fall into the same problem they had last year. Liriano can only pitch every 5th game, they used to have him and Yo but now the cupboard is bare and Liriano has much to prove. I am hearing that he won't even be up to speed by the All Star break. The Twinks could be out of it by then. I will put a monthly avatar challange to you my Twinkie loving friend. Month by month, the team with the better record wins and the loser has to post the winners choice of avatar. You are already looking at mine, this will be the closest a Twinkie fan will get to a World Series ring!!! LOL

Windy

Allright you guys, I am totally in favor of dissing the WSox w/Windy, but I think we can take it to the baseball forum - see you all there later.

Oh yeah, and be sure you understand Windy's bet terms.

Windy City,

I don't know about you, but I'm 29 years old and have followed baseball long enough to watch my team (The Twins) win two world series (1987 & 1991). And if Liriano hadn't gotten hurt before the postseason in 2006, I would have liked the Twins chances then. Before the White Sox won it a couple of years ago, how long was it again that this franchise went without winning a World Series???? If I remember correctly, it was so long I could fit about 3 of my lifetimes in that drought they went through!!!

If If IF

That is what I am hearing from you Otis.

Just remember, If my gramma had a johnson, she would be my grandpa!

Those old rings must be awful tarnished way back in 1987 when you were a rousing 7 or 8 years old. And before you pull the next rabbit out of your hat, just remember, history is history and we have three championships to your two!

And yes, Geno, I suggest taking it to the baseball forum. It came out of nowhere.

But Geno, did you hear Otis say he would take my bet?

I know I didn't. Well Otis......DEAL OR NO DEAL! LOL

Windy

I can hear a pin drop Windy.

Otis, you gotta be careful how much slack line you give Windy with your comments or he'll tie you up with it.

Oh Geno,

Like the Chinese guy says....YOU MAKE ME RAFF!

Windy

So this is where the baseball talk has moved to. Who would have guessed Windy found himself in a debate again? \:D

Pitchers and catchers getting warmed up as we speak. See you guys in the baseball forum soon. grin.gif

Hey Fishy,

Don't go bustin my stones on this one! Geno has my back, this was a drive by shooting and I was not the shooter but I did defend my boys on the South Side! LOL

Windy

hey bull75

I spent a little bit of time last year on Kitchi but did not find any cabbage begs or weed humps. someone else mentioned the humps but I could not find them. I did go up to where the river comes into the lake a lot of really nice shore vegetation but no cabbage beds.

thanks

Originally Posted By: Windy City Walleye Hunter
Hey Fishy,

Don't go bustin my stones on this one! Geno has my back, this was a drive by shooting and I was not the shooter but I did defend my boys on the South Side! LOL

Windy

Now being a South Sider you know the dangers of wearing the wrong color on the wrong street corner. grin.gif

Fishy,

I'm down wit dat! Notice we ain't heard a peep out of Big Otis after the throwdown? Me Too!

Windy

Hey Geno,

You a big Alex Cintron fan now? Enjoy.

Windy