• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

WHITE BEAR LAKE???

joeyquicksand*

I've been going out of bell aire for the past few weekends, and have noticed that i havn't been catching much. A few perch here and there in 12ft of water, but what i want to know is...WHERE ARE THE FISH? Should I stay with the crowd caus they seem to know something, and should I be targeting more walleyes than anything else in 10-15ft of water? What the heck am I supposed to be doing out there with these darn minnows and other assorted baits?

i like to stay away from the crowds, bel aire is a good spot don't get me wrong just so much pressure. i fish white bear 4 to 5 times a week and i have never fished the same spot no more than 2 times and i have never been within a hundred yards of another shack, i usually can ice 4 to 5 eyes on a trip with a few perch mixed in. on white bear i like to fish no less then 20 fow, lately i have been in 31 feet. i have caught my fish on green demons and salmo perch pattern 3 inch i believe. my only suggestion is get a good map of the lake 3 foot contours is my choice. lots of humps, turns, points that might not show up on some maps. good luck out there, i think it is one of the best walleye lakes around.

I agree with pannies..try to fish the deeper water..im usally 20 ft. of water or deeper.. walleyes on the bottom and crappies will show up suspended usally i see them suspended about 10 ft down on the vex. One more thing try to stay away from the crowds hope this helps.. when i fish shallow i like to keep the lighting down and the noise to a minimum for the eyes..

Not looking for any exact spots or anything but between the bay out from Ramsey Beach or the bay out from Bellaire and the VFW. What area is best for eyes.

How are the Panfish out there?

I am trying to find a good place to fish sunday

Never Fished WBL in the winter. Could you tell me a good place to start.

went till about 7, had a whopper on that got tangled in the line next to mine and lost it. Saw it on the cam. nice walleye. sucks to lose fish. other than that, just some dinky perch. I'm starting to think that daytime may be better out there. I'll be back tomorow.

i drove out there, i saw full size trucks. probably about 15-16in of ice.. .maybe more.

We were out Saturday night in about 22' one eye, about 10 crappies and at least that many sunfish a couple were decent, up until sundown. Almost all those fish were caught because of the Marcum, light bites, and not very aggressive. We had about 18" of ice where we were.

I moved perm house from 26' to about 17' on the weedline. No luck this morning, but got out late. I haven't really tried it enough lately during the evening to nite bite time, so can't say. But even the perch today were biting very light. No pike on tipup in 12'. I think I need to go to ice fishing school \:\)

Any one heading out this week? Looking for a new area to fish, fished Ramsey about 15 times this year, mixed results. Let me know!

Ok, looks like I am heading out tonight, struggling between WBL or Owasso. Any one like to weigh in on that one. As much as I do love the bear it hasn't been the best to me latly.

ill be out again this weekend. been having terrible luck lately though. moved my house today to the northeast end of maintou island. hopefully i catch something this time.

it has been pretty slow the last couple times out, went walleyeless the last time out, first of the year though, i think alot had to do with the fact i had 3 full size trucks drive by me at about 80 yards, at about 5:15 pm,the ice was booming. i think i need to find some new area anyway she was getting crowded, i guess 3 days same shack in the same spot catches a eye. i know i would notice it.probaly give the bear a shot this week.anyway,if your looking for some bluegills or craps, i was at pokegama last night caught alot of gills and craps 14 fow, threw a lot of nice fish back.

Yeah it has been pretty slow all season on WBL. When we had that warm front go through I caught 5 walleye in two day's of fishing. All 13" and smaller. No size, but the way I look at it is...There are Walleye's in WBL!!!

It has been hit or miss for me.. Some days i catch a few and some days the big old goose egg..But thats fishing.Went out on monday got got nothing.. it has been a different bite this year!

Fished last night with no luck, we tried 26,17,13,10 ft deep, had pearch in the deep but nothing biting. In the shallower I never even marked a fish. Looks like I need to try again. Good luck on the ice heading to Owasso tonight.

spotted some walleye fry on the aqua view in about 25-30 ft of water off manitou island. ill be back there tommorow night, maybe the big ones will be there

PmDavis300 please post how you do, Just curios cause I thought I was seeing the same little things in that depth range. my buddy laghed at me and said they were perch. I was out from the island right by the little bay on it (north side).

im in between the bay and the bridge.... im positive they where walleye. ill let you know

I am still black balling The WB! I can have better luck fishing in my bathtub! I put in a lot of work out there for a bunch of #$@^%$%$^#%^#^$#%^#%^(you get my point). My personal opinion, if you have any other option....TAKE IT!

Fished last night, found a new spot. Inside turn in deep water with a 16' bar running out to deeper water. Thought the night was looking good when we got the first walleye at 4pm, then nothing else besides small jumbo perch (7-8 inchers) until 8 when we left. I am bound and determined to figure this lake out.

I think your wasting your time. Last year I was in the same boat as you. It will do nothing but keep you up at night. I have not gone back to WBL this year just because of last years horrid season I had out there. I fished that lake 3(some times 5)days a week, only to come up with little or nothing. I just cant afford to do it anymore. Good luck out there! I really hope you find em, and let me know!!!

Went out to wb on saturday morning and fished till noon, nothing but dink perch on the cam and caught. fished in 25 feet off the big point at the channel. Big rocks and boulders in that area, I thought it would be good for at least a couple eyes, but none showed up. May try deeper water this week sometime. Does anyone fish the 50-60 foot stuff for suspended walleyes?? I may try it with tip-ups and large suckers this week after work at night. We'll see. Good luck everyone.

GoggleEye

I spent both saturday, and sunday out during the daytime till about 8pm. On saturday, i got in to a nice school of sunnys, and a few small jumbo's. Boy was it a nice weekend to be out there, but as for fishing... it was a tough bite. Aqua-vu makes fishing a lot more fun even when the fish ain't biting.

i was out last night, lots of blue gill checking out my jig but they really didnt feel like biting, i was out there for 2.5 hours and only caught one small gill. saw a northern on the aqua vu though, that was cool... to bad i couldnt catch him.

I moved around to 7 or 8 different locations popping a few holes at each and could only manage a few small sunfish and perch. I never did come across any suspended fish(which is what I was hoping to find). I fished from 18 fow to 33 fow. I've caught my fair share of eyes on White Bear, but it's those hardwater crappies that are giving me fits. I know they're in there because I catch them in the spring. Back to the lake map. confused.gif

Bald eagle might be better odds.????? I've caught some pretty nice eyes out of their.