• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Been getting a few calls on the Annual Jaycee Fishing Derby on Blackduck Lake, so here's the info I have so far:

Date: Saturday, February 23rd, 2008

Time: 1:00-4:00pm

Place: Blackduck Lake (public access)

Cost: Tickets $10.00. Kids 12 and under free with paid derby ticket

Sounds like it will be pretty much the same as last year.

Grand Prize: Ice Castle 6.5x12 Fish House

2nd Prize: Vexilar

3rd Prize: Gas Ice Auger.

Three prizes in each of the four fish categories: Walleye, Northern Pike, Perch, Alternate Species, with an entry in each catagory per fish, with the drawing for the prizes to be held at 4pm.

Door Prizes and Drawings Throughout the day

Shelters Allowed

Free Bait at the entrance (donated by Tabers)

This event is always a good time for the family and the town of Blackduck. Looking forward to it again this year, and maybe I will win something again. I got skunked last year, but did see some nice eye's come in and sniff the bait. The two years before I caught the first fish of the tournament and placed 6th for a wonderful Quilt that is on the bed in the OFFICE! grin.gif

Who all is going to attend?

I'm gonna try and get to this one... I have yet to try one of these derby deals and have always wanted to! So their giving away those 3 items in every category?? if so thats pretty cool. I was out on Blackduck for early ice this year and got a couple eyes!!

It is a lot of fun, prizes are good and of course the multiple door prizes. Yes, they do three prizes for each of the four catagories (walleye, perch, pike & alternate species). For every fish you catch in each catagory you register it (no matter what the size) and then you will have an entry for each fish in each of the catagories that you have fish in. At the end they will draw three winners, so each fish gives you a chance no matter the size. I talked to them last night and don't have a list yet of all the prizes.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me how to get to the contest, I will be coming into Blackduck on co rd 13 from the east.

Go straight past Timberline to the access. Word is that the contest is going to be to the North again! grin.gif I sure hope they start plowing on Friday to open it up, because those drifts are big and hard! \:D