• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
DonBo

Bowhunter Education Class

DonBo

Chilakoot Bowhunters near Somerset, WI is hosting a one-day class Saturday, March 22nd. This will fill quickly.

All interested please call: 651-735-5876

DonBo

This class is already about half full. Anyone interested, please hurry.

DonBo

Still a few spots left. This is one of only a few one day classes.

mnmuzzleloader

Lets just say there is a lot of information to get covered in one day we really have to keep things moving. The class we offer in fall is a two day but it is nice to have it all wrapped up in a day. It will be fun to see some FM'ers there.

BLACKJACK

Originally Posted By: mnmuzzleloader
Lets just say there is a lot of information to get covered in one day we really have to keep things moving. The class we offer in fall is a two day but it is nice to have it all wrapped up in a day. It will be fun to see some FM'ers there.

As a recent attendee of a Bowhunter Ed class, I think they need to cut back on some of the material, shorten it up, we were there from 8 AM until 6 PM!!!! The info tree stand safty and safely climbing trees was very helpful but most of the rest of the information was stuff that most longtime hunters know about. Animal identification? Starting a fire? Come on!

mnmuzzleloader

The problem is the class make up, I have had 12 year olds all the way to 70, veterans to first timers, The firearms safety class is similar alot of stuff to cover. I feel bad for the person taking the class just to get into a city hunt, and I feel really bad for the person just wanting to learn about archery, I am just giving the 10,000' overview and talking over their heads.

sticknstring

Quote:
The problem is the class make up

Exactly. There are a lot of first-timers taking the course to qualify for out-of-state hunts, etc and all the knowledge they can pick up the better. Pretty painless for a one-day course, redundant or not. That card you get is worth it's weight in gold.

BLACKJACK

Originally Posted By: mnmuzzleloader
The problem is the class make up, I have had 12 year olds all the way to 70, veterans to first timers, The firearms safety class is similar alot of stuff to cover. I feel bad for the person taking the class just to get into a city hunt, and I feel really bad for the person just wanting to learn about archery, I am just giving the 10,000' overview and talking over their heads.

I understand the problem and I appreciate the time you spend doing it. But that doesn't mean that I have to like it \:\) I think the National should either split the course into beginners and advanced or cut back on the material.

tednugefan

i took that class cause had to get the card to do a metro bow hunt. it was a long day, but they did feed us lunch which was good