• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What are the metro area clearest lakes?

joeyquicksand*

Now that I have an aqua-vu, I want to use it. I've gotten to look at how clear White Bear is, and Lake Jane, but i want to know what other lakes there are in the metro area that are clearwater...

Seems like alot of clear water lakes or ponds in the Metro Area are suitable for trout.

Try Red Rock in Eden Prairie or Parkers Lake in Plymouth, I have found very clear water in both lakes! Good luck and enjoy the Aqua-vu, its real cool to actualy see the fish take you bait!!!

A second for Square Lake. You can see the bottom in 16 feet of water for sure. Maybe more.

I 2nd X-mas lake on Hwy 7. Rainbows are in there to.

Spring time - the east side of Tonka like Grays, Wayzata, Browns bay are pretty clear. They green up in the summer, but nothing like the west side.

Of course in the winter most lakes are clear.

ELMO and Phalen! Square too! I had no problem using my camera on Tonka in Wayzata Bay. Lake Jane is clear also. One of the places I would like to go and use my camera is the east Basin of Vadnais Lake. I don't know if it is legal to do though as I know you can't ice fish it. Which is rediculous!!!

GoggleEye

Yeah, I second that! I'd love to see whats in Vadnais! I'm sure there are some monsters in there. Water is usually pretty cloudy though, seems to be algae? ole

Lake Cenaiko (Trout Pond) in coon rapids dam area has the clearest water ive ever seen, until the milfoil fires up in the summer it's real clean.

If you could, you would catch some very nice Eyes!!!!!

I'll shoot you an e-mail next Mon.

there are some guys that sneak out onto vadnais late night and hand auger a few holes and throw out tip ups... they get some very nice eyes in there upwards of 9-10 pounds!

Really wish you could fish it but when you look at some unresponsible ice fisherman they leave a lot of garbage on the lake! since that is our sourcew of drinking water we just dont want propane tanks and other junk in the water... I wish some people could be more courteous of the lakes...

Later,

Ryan

Square Lake has got the be the clearest lake that i have seen in the Metro... Use your aqua view there, it is awesome.. You get to see BIG Muskies, and i mean BIG as well as trouts.

There are not any muskies in square lake, plenty of big northerns though. Almost every shack on that lake is a spear shack. I was out there a couple of weeks ago and could see my jig 22 ft down.

While you are out to Square lake, check out Little Carnelian. (also called "hidden Lake" Clear to at least 20' Kinda tricky to get out there though.

Holland Lake in Eagan, is the cleanest lake in Dakota County, but not a lot of fish are left in it from the high pressure it gets.

Your aqua view will likely work in unclear lakes as well. I havn't had trouble with mine until the battery gets low. Got to love the truck charger now that the ice is thick enough!