• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Good Multispecies Lake with Camping

Looking ahead here a few months,but looking for some good lake options that have camping available over in the South Central area. Any of the Faribult lakes come into play? Looking for something over Memorial Day weekend. Something with good fishing and other things to do for the kids.

We stayed at Keisler's a few years back which wasn't bad, but a tad expensive. Looking for someplace new to try.

Thanks.

Keisler's, would have been my first option. You can try Beaver Dam on Jefferson and German.

Beaver Dam is a nice place and you can fish Jefferson or German or Francis is only Five miles from there if you wanted to trailer the boat, Camp Del's in Waterville is also another place to look into, great fishing that time of year on Tetonka,

Other options would be Bray Park on Madison Lake, Sakatah State Park (also in Waterville) and I believe there are some camping opportunities in and around Shieldsville.

I second Otter on Madison and Bray Park. Memorial day is a great weekend to be on Madison for multi-species. Walleyes can be had and usually the big slabs and bull-gills are shallow and aggressive.

Thanks for the feedback. Right now I think I'm leaning towards Bray Park. I also found a couple on Roberds Lake as well, particularily Roberds Lake Resort & Campground and Shady Acre's. Any thoughts on these two places and also Roberds Lake as a whole.

Thanks.

Camp Dels in Waterville is great for kids (lots to do) & access to Sakatah/Tetonka, but it is $$$$.

L2f

I hope they continue to keep Bray park clean. It seems to have improved since they put in the fishing piers, but before that, the rip rap sections were strewn with beer cans, diapers, cardboard, food, etc. We had just moved from just north of the cities at that time and we were surprised at how littered the place was. It doesn't take much to carry your garbage out. IT just makes our area look like a bunch of rednecks when we don't hump out our litter....

Both of those resorts are well run by local families. Roberds is a good multi species lake. The lake does green up the later in the year you go. But most lakes down here do.