• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wild Trade Rumors

maros91

Problem is Forsberg and healthy don't seem to go together. Good news is between Hossa, Foresberg, and Sundin there is a bit of competition out there, but I think Forsberg will stay in the Eastern conference.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maros91

• walleyes12

• 8-Ball

• 9joey1

You can scratch Forsbergs name off the list he said today that he doesn't think he's healthy enough to return this season. You can read it on ESPN but hopefully the wild can pick some one up here they keep giving up leads late in the game.

To bad about Forsberg. He is not the player he used to be but would have helped out the local squad. Wild need a Center and a Defenseman and maybe a scoring forward. Dan Boyle from Tampa Bay wouldn't be bad for a D-man and maybe Bobby Holik for a Center.

The Wild need to make some moves. This is their chance to make a run. They said they had this "gameplan" all these years and that is why they never made big trades/ signs etc. This is their chance. They are going to lose several players in the next couple years to free agency. DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!! The Minnesota sportsworld is begging for a winner........

What they need is someone to play offense for the whole game. Come on, this gets old. They get a good lead and then stand on the red line skating backwards for the remaining two periods. A team cannot win playing defense anymore. Well, it happened once with NJ, but that was before the rule changes. The game is meant to be offensive.

The goalie's are great, they should spread out and give them some room to work.

Wonder why Detroit is so dominant???? They have a good goalie and a potent offense that never quits. That is what wins games. As I write this, they put one in on the Av's.

It's a shame to hear about Forsberg tonight. Probably the best player in the league if he ever is healthy for more than a few months.

I agree. The Wild get a lead and then go into a shell. Keep forcing the issue and don't let the other team back in the game.

Lets not be to hard on them, I believe after leading after 2 periods the wild have not lost (I don't know the exact stats) I also believe the wild have the most 1 goal wins in the NHL. They play tough hockey, and I feel pretty confident when they get the lead. They have had a few melt downs but they still come out with a win. Goal tendings been alittle weak as of late.

With as close as the Western Conference is, we can be a little critical now, too many of these games that should be 2 points for the Wild and 0 for the opponent are going OT, giving them 1 point each. Wild needs regulation wins to create some separation in the standings.

I'd like to see the offense open up a bit, too much of the dump the puck in the corner and cycle play. Seems like to only rushes we get are Gaborik turning on the jets.

Sad when a power play goal is Bouchard splitting 4 guys solo to score. Sweet goal, but the power play needs help. Face offs too, the last count I saw on Sunday was something like 39 to 26, that's hurting the Wild big time.

Trades: Who do you think the Wild should move? Rolston and Demetria are likely names, do you think they would consider moving a young guy like Shepperd?

All that said, I can't wait to watch the game tonight!

Originally Posted By: cjac
Trades: Who do you think the Wild should move? Rolston and Demetria are likely names, do you think they would consider moving a young guy like Shepperd?

Rolston and Demitra will not be moved. They are our core players and you can't part with them when you are heading to the playoffs. Sheppard will be good in the coming years so they will not move him for a playoff rental. The Wild will not trade youth for a rental. Gillies, Pouliot, and Kalus is our future. I believe Kalus will be in the line up next year in place Rolston or Demitra if they don't re-sign. The Wild will trade a mid-level prospect and a draft pick for a player. My guess will be Bobby Holik.

Rolston and Demitra will be here till the end of the year, you have to keep them around. I actually hope they can sign rolston to another year or two. I am guess if there is going to be a trade, we are going to have to give a young talent and maybe some draft picks. The way Demitra and Gabby are playing together, I would hate to see Demitra go.

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't mind the one shot, one move, one way player, Rolston go on a good trade.

Wants to be Brett Hull, but guess what, he's not!

Quote:
I believe Kalus will be in the line up next year in place Rolston or Demitra if they don't re-sign.

Good info Biff, thanks. I don't know all the ins and outs, so I'll ask this, sorry if it sounds basic. What are the odds we resign both Rolston and Demitra next year? Are the Wild not better off accepting the fact we may not be able to keep both and deal one of them for a "playoff rental"?

Chris

I am pretty positive Demitra is on his way out. I am not sure what the wild are thinking about Rolston, I think they like him on the team. I just don't know if you want to break up the core of the team this close to the playoffs. Especially a team leader like Rolston.

Quote:
I believe after leading after 2 periods the wild have not lost (I don't know the exact stats)

Wild has lost once after leading after 2 periods... that loss came when they lost to the Red Wings in OT a few weeks ago

They are 25-0-1 after leading 2 periods of hockey! The one loss is against Detroit, and they still got a point out of that loss. I agree lately they have been giving teams a point and wining in OT, I hope they start to win in regular time. Still with stats like that I feel very comfortable when the wild take a lead.

Can't wait for the game tonight. I hate the Canucks hopefully Koivu makes them pay again for the broken leg earlier in the year. Should be a physical and emotional game.

Quote:

What are the odds we resign both Rolston and Demitra next year?

Well, they both are gettin up there in age. I believe they are 33 and 34 yrs old. I think they should bring back Rolston and not Demitra. They need to sign some blueliners in the offseason.

Like the Strib said today- they need someone who can win a faceoff. Constantly losing key late-game face-offs. As a team overall they need to start punishing guys in the corners and on the boards. I watch a lot of games on the Center-Ice package deal. Other teams are constantly plastering guys. It keeps them a little hesitant carrying the puck and digging out corner/board area pucks. We need to do the same and no-one is, other than maybe Burns and Schultz. Heck, Gabby put more hits on guys last night that almost everyone else!

another OT, this time a loss. I thought the wild played a great physicall game but forgot to bring some offense. I can't stand the canucks so this loss stings alittle more than the rest. We got still got a point out of the deal. We did blow another lead in the third, I though we had chance to hold them off. Well another game tonight, we got sweep this loss under the rug and focus on a win in regulation tonight!

Bad game. At least they put some shots on net and created scoring chances. They should against the Hawks. They are a second-tier team this year, even with Kane, Toews, etc. But a loss is a loss is a loss.

If we get rid of demitra gabbys total goals will be far less. Them 2 read eachother like a book. Boogaard must stay for playin teams like the canucks. they completely destroy everybody, but when hes out there they know a little better, kind of like that cheap shot by cooke on gabby, no one did anything. we need someone to be there to protect our assets

They are a charged team when boogies around thats for sure. He changes everything when he is in the lineup. How about ole yokinnen? wouldnt he make a great addition. Might as well spend that 5 mil.

olli jokinen would be a great addition to the wild. Hes a big guy and he knows how to score.

I believe in today's NHL that you do not need a goon that will drop the gloves just a big body that will lay some good hard body checks. Voros and Fedoruk are 10 times better than Boogaard. Have you ever seen Boogaard with the puck? He can't skate with it, shoot it, or pass it. When Boogaard is healthy he only plays about 4 minutes a night.

As for Jokinen, I heard the GM wants a pick and a player that will help him win now. The name I heard was Pierre-Marc Bouchard. Would you do PMB and a high pick for Jokinen?

How about Fedoruk,Voros and Foster for him? That would be a fine trade with boogie comeing back. Biff you just dont get it when boogie steps on the ice the whole crowd has a buzz about it and you can bet the other team knows whos out there. He is a momentum changer. Besides these 3 guys suck anyways. Remember kyle wanvig? Voros cant finish.

How about Fedoruk,Voros and Foster for him? That would be a fine trade with boogie comeing back. Biff you just dont get it when boogie steps on the ice the whole crowd has a buzz about it and you can bet the other team knows whos out there. He is a momentum changer. Besides these 3 guys suck anyways. Remember kyle wanvig? Voros cant finish.

Originally Posted By: meathunter

Why would the Panthers take 3 guys that suck for their captain?

When Boogaard steps on the ice for one of his 4 shifts a night the crowd gets a buzz cause the crowd likes fighting. Thats all Boogaard can do is fight. When he tries to make a body check he misses half the time and falls down. You don't need to win the fight to take momentum back. Voros does a great job of stepping up and taking fights, does he win some of them, no. But he stepped up for his teammate.

Voros' job isn't to finish, he is a grinder.

Boogaard in 138 NHL games has 2 goals and hasn't scored since '05-'06. Voros in 44 NHL games has 7 goals. Voros does the same thing Boogie does and can put the puck in the net. I guess I don't get it.