• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ticket for Park Rapids ice fishing tournament ?

Anyone know if you can buy a ticket the day of the derby or do you have to get them before hand? This would be for the big ice fishing tournament in Park Rapids on Feb 2nd.

Thanks, Huey

Huey,

I'm working in Park Rapids right now with a gal who works the tournament. She stated that you can buy tickets at the Legion up to the tournament time, this is her thought. She said they no longer sell tickets on the ice.

Hope that helps!

Let's just pray the weather holds up, so it doesn't get cancelled again. \:\( See ya on the ice.

I talked with one of the committee members and it's a go for sure. There was plenty of ice over a week ago and the temperatures have been sub-zero since.

Good luck to anyone who tries their hand at winning a prize (I'd want the Ice Castle fish house for sure!)

I want the "Ice Castle" too, but I'll settle for the "Pick Up". Good Luck to everyone at The "PARK RAPIDS CONTEST", it sounds like it won't be the 30 plus below it was 20 plus years ago when I was last up there for the contest. I'm

looking forward to getting out on the ice again.

please keep it civil, if you have a legitamimate gripe feel free to post, but keep it clean please. Jonah

What exact drawing are you refering too? I thought it was always public? Then again, I've been doing it for years with my father and unless we've got a chance, we usually head home afterwards.

Jason~

Three cheers to ice! I remember a couple years back when practically everything was going under water. Struggle.

Taking into consideration that this was the first post for sc103. I question the reason for the remark.

good call woody, i didnt notice it was his/her first post so welcome to FM, we look forward to your input.

If someone has a legitimate gripe about the drawing, I will

bring it up with the committee. I just hate to see a first

and only post from someone that questions the ethics of many

people that spend hundreds of hours to keep this tournament

alive and health. This tournament is a huge shot into the

PR business community. It is estimated that the tournament

brings approximately $750,000 into this community.

It will be a beautiful weekend folks, everyone is welcome.

Please, if you are going to drink, DON'T DRIVE. The legion

provides courtesy cars to and from any location in the area!

Remember to tip the drivers, they don't get paid for their

services!

Hi, Musky,PRW, and all. Leaving this afternoon for the Rapids and the big weekend. While I spend lots of time up there, this will be my first time at the Saturday outing. Really looking forward to it. Will be bringing three others and plan to fish a couple different lakes on Friday and Sunday. Jonah, maybe I will run into you on the ice or at the Legion. We will pick our tickets up on Friday. I tried to print out the tournament rules but the color and type size make it almost impossible to read. Will someone be able to help us at the Legion on Friday?

Fishook,

The Legion is the place to go for your tickets. I believe all

tickets will be called in today, so the Legion will be the only

place selling tickets. Use the courtesy cars, they will drop

you off from the cabin to Zorbaz and anywhere in between, well

with in reason! I will be working the breakfast and from there

lake shuttle, if I get out of the breakfast in time. Hope to

see you that Saturday.

Woody

hope it all goes well, I will not be around i have a swim meet down here at school on Saturday. Good luck to all who participate in this weekends events and please be safe. I am sure the FUZZ will be out in force so please use the courtesy cars or a DD. The last thing we need is to loose a fellow sportsman. And remember FUN is the word of the weekend, don't get bent out of shape if things don't go as planned on the ice. Also don't forget they give out a four wheeler or snowmobile for the panfish category, this is the best division to have a shot at legitamitly catching something you can win with. also remember that panfish are a forage base on Fish Hook and Pike will not be far from schools of gills near the cabbage. Just something to look for as you pick your hole. Jonah

So when you buy your fishing ticket do you automatically get a raffle ticket or are those sold individually??

Originally Posted By: JigginIsLife
So when you buy your fishing ticket do you automatically get a raffle ticket or are those sold individually??

Your fishing ticket puts you in for the raffle.