• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Northbound fish house rentals

We are going to use them next weekend for the 3rd year in a row. Lonnie has always put us on fish and for the houses they are very nice.

Great to hear we are heading up in 2 weeks. Good luck to you. Make sure you give us a report when you get back.

I have a group going up in 2wks also. I have been waiting to hear something about these guys.i hope to hear a little more.good luck rip some lips.

me and my father used them last year lonnie did great we limited out on walleye and crappie both days,also 26 and 38 inch pike, it was mid jan very very cold,warm in the house though nice houses also.

Fishinhole,

I sure hope that we lay into them like you guys did. It must have been quite the trip. Do you know if Lonnie has rattle reels in the house, or do we need to bring our own?

Satch,

We may have to talk when we get up there and swap ideas for what's working. We will be driving a little dodge dakota (black), and we will have a white 4dr Chevy with a wheel house. Stop on by.

A little Dodge? The only reason we are taking the little Dodge, which is a four door, is because TMT has a minny van. Yeah that's right a mini van. TMT actually gave me his ball and hitch from his truck when he sold it!?!? That was our first sign of many. He has been domesticated ever since! TMT I just want my old river fishing buddy back! Will you do me a favor TMT, will your reach into your wifes purse and grab your ball and hitch secure it to your body before we head up to Red Lake?

Yep... "cross over" as in single to married...

ie: used to be able to do what you want, when you want and drive there in your pick-up truck...

TO

Here's your mini-van to get around, make sure to be home by 4:00 to pick-up the kids! hehehe grin.gif

I know, I know, it makes us feel better when we can call it something a little more man-ly!

Good Luck!

Ken

Thanks for bustin' my balls guys. \:D The doors open out, they do not slide back.

Bro44 as for you, you are so getting a whuppin out on the ice.

And no it does not have wood grain paneling on the outside it is on the inside. cool.gif

I have seen guys(??) in Subaru Outbacks catch fish up there so at least we know that size doesn't matter. Good to hear Lonnie's houses can be productive and we won't have to worry about getting "Spider"ed \:\)

You Jordan river rats are just too hard on each other. Not like us Shakopeons, who get along with everyone.

Man TMT no love on the ride I guess. Some of us have been there sadly.Most of my crew r married so they'll be tore up and a little loud most of the trip we'll be in their 4man deluxe . Look 4 a silver 4x4 ram and a black 4x4ford. I'll look 4 ya don't be shy if u spot us the YAG is usually flowing. cool.gif

yeah that was one of our best trips yet,he did have rattle wheels in our house.Good luck ill be up in one week.

Just got back from Northbound we rented 2 houses and caught about 60 eyes we ate 18. 12 perch between 11&12 inches one 30 inch Nortsky. Great times had by all!!! Thanks Again Lonnie

Sounds like u guys had a blast!We leave on thu. morning . I'm so pumped grin.gif Any helpful hints, how was the night bite.

we are staying in one of their houses next week. how far out do they have them? is there plenty of room to move around with 4 guys in the 8 by 18? thanks

We caught everything on #4 red & white hooks. Most all fish were caught at night one morning we had a good bite. The day was slow but the refreshment tasted great. Their is plenty of room to party and catch fish trust me i am still recovering!!!!!

Great report!! Now we'll just have to get some white paint for bro44's red hooks. Were the biters coming on ones that were a striped pattern or just half white/half red? Anything to help beat this cold front!! Sounds like we'll be plenty satisfied just staying in one of Lonnie's shacks.

HeavyD,

I agree. I think Friday may be the only day I get mobile! Saturday is going to be cold. You and Bro44 may have to spoon to stay warm out in the trap! \:Dgrin.gif

RelatorBoy,

Lonnie mentioned that there are 4 rattle reels in each house.

Some friends and I are headed out to Northbound on the 17th. I see they have gas lights in their houses, how bright do these get, would it be worth bringing a battery to power the 12v lights in these houses?

Stewfish..........Im going up on the 7 and 8th of March and it was highly recomended to me to bring a battery to run the 12 volt lights.