• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hello,

I have been taking my daughter out ice fishing with no luck at all. I'm not sure if it's the spots, time of day, depth, lures, or no skills or combination of all! \:\)

She wouldn't mind catching a few nice walleyes far and few in between, or pulling in the pan fish at a steady pace.

Plan to take her out again this weekend both sat and sun. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

We live in Mankato so anywhere within 30 miles works.

Please email info to [email protected]

Thanks again and happy fishing!

Well, I haven't been back from winter break for very long and with this cold weather I haven't had a chance to fish yet. I will probably go out Friday to some of the past years hot spots, do some fishing, I will let you know how it goes, so maybe you can get some fish saturday.

Duck or clear in Waseca are great lakes to take her. You can't keep those little sunnies off your hook on clear.

I have been catching some crappies on Lake Washington for the last couple of weeks. Nothing huge-10-11"ers. Do u have a depthfinder? Try the east side of the lake in 30 fow. They don't bite for me until later in the pm. Haven't tried the am bite.

There's always perch biting on Big Jefferson during the day, if you really target them you can find some better quality ones, but if your just looking for pure fish action, setup on the edge of the weeds, in about 12-15 fow and use a plain red hook, bobber and minnow, should be nonstop action for her. Fish about a foot off the bottom. Like I said that will get you started with them, to find the bigger ones, look for breaks and hard bottom transitions etc and get mobile. Good Luck

Thanks. Been reading the fishing reports on this website for about 4 months and decide to join in. I have found some great info here. Example. I now use the Energizer head lamp with the slide switch and love it. It works much better than having a lantern in my portable. Have more room and wherever I point my head, I see real well.

Theres pretty much a solid weedline along all the shorelines, some go in and out a bit, but for the most part you can find them pretty easy. I would concentrate on the west and east shorelines just before the bay on the south end of the lake. I'll probably be out there on and off all weekend, look for a smaller brown house with a grey polaris, that would be me.

If you don't get on the fish shoot me an e-mail. I have 2 daughters and my biggest fear is they loose interest.

[email protected] i check this once a week so be patient, but i WILL put u on fish No BULL. kids come first they are the future of the sport. I hope u have a Vexilar. Easy way to keep them interested when they can see the fish react.