• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Fishapalooza

The ice is looking great. The below zero weather has helped us out.

You have less than 4 days left to save $10 on your tickets.

Avoid the rush and buy your tickets now.

While your waiting for the contest to start on event day, you can chat to pro staff at the MarCum, Reel Weeds, Team Otter and Strikemaster tents. You can also check out the Skeeter boats that Frankie's Bait and Marine will have out there, including the Skeeter WX1790T Walleye boat we're giving away.

Phillips Distilling Co. will be there giving out free samples of Ice Hole Schnapps and UV Vodka.

Redwood Creek Wines will be there giving out free samples of wine. Anyone trying a sample of wine can enter to win a Otter Cabin portable ice house that day. \:\)

Auger Mate will be there doing demos of their ATV auger bracket.

And there will be demos of a very cool new product called the IceDucer Flex Sleeve - Fight the fish, not the tangle.

Get there early, hang out and have fun!

See ya Feb 16th.

Sandmannd

Quick question, do you have to walk out or can you drive your atv or sled out?

Fishapalooza

There will be an area by registration (west side of contest area) where you can park your atv or sled.

Remember - The Sheriff is not allowing cars and trucks out there that day. And if you do take your sled or atv, do not park or drive with in 100 yards of the contest area.

Thanks!

See you out there.

janda176

must you be present to win in the raffle prizes?

Fishapalooza

You do not need to be present to win the raffle.

seaner

Am i reading that correctly...NO OUTSIDE BEVERAGES ALLOWED????

Fishapalooza

Seaner,

We discourage bringing in beer and food.

Please remember that this is largely a charitable event. Non-profit organizations such as the Forest Lake VFW, the Lions, Wishes-and-More, and the Boy Scouts are the ones benefiting from the sale of food and beverage at the event.

Fishapalooza makes no profit off of the sales of food or beverage.

The Forest Lake VFW will be pulling around sleds selling beer at the event for a very reasonable price. Money they make from beer sales ends up helping a group of people we support whole-heartedly, our veterans. Whether it's a WWII vet getting a visit from Meals-on-Wheels or vets coming back from Iraq that need medical help, money from this event will help them. I'll stop short of listing all of the charities we are helping with our food and beverage policy, but rest assured, there are plenty of them.

Keep in mind too that we will be reviewing every single policy and procedure following each year's event (and that includes listening to those of you voicing your opinions on sites like this), and will make logical changes where necessary.

We are in this for the long-haul..and greatly appreciate your opinions and your support.

Thank you.

bozosdad

Been reviewing the rules online and was wondering about bringing out my vexilar for the contest?

Is that allowed?

BigWadeS

how long will tickets be sold for the ice fishing tournament?

Fishapalooza

Yes, Vexilars, Marcums or any other type of sonar is allowed.

Event tickets are sold up to and including the day of the event.

If you buy them at the event, be sure to get there early, the lines could be long.

You could also get your tickets at Mike's Bait on 8, Forest Lake Gander Mountain, Forest Lake VFW, Frankie's Bait and Friar Tucks on the morning of the event.

Thanks!

Fishapalooza

Just an update -

We've met the requirements for the ice....

grin.gifThe Event is a go! grin.gif

Fishapalooza

Just an update-

We had to change the way we start the contest. There will not be a shotgun start. You will be able to roam the contest area, survey the area and pick your hole(s). No lines in the water between 11:40am and the start of the contest at 12pm.

We had to do this because of insurance reasons and for the safety of our contestants.

Thanks.

Sandmannd

So can you get out there at 10 and start roaming?

Burnham

HA i will take my drivers test the day before that!!! maybe i'll go if i have enough gas $!!

bozosdad

What time are we allowed to be on the ice looking around?

can we put our vex's in the water and take a peek? and if we find a hole we like claim the hole by putting our bucket and gear by the hole?

evinrude19

how old do you have to be to enter?

john.wells

Originally Posted By: Fishapalooza
Seaner,

We discourage bringing in beer and food.

I have no problem buying beer out there, I am glad that the profits go to a good cause. I just hope that there is a choice of some fairly common beers-past organisers have only had one type, and it was not the best. Barring a snowstorm (gotta keep the freeways safe!) I will see you there!

JigginIsLife

Well im glad there will be beer out on the ice, keep me a little warmer, i also heard there are shots out there... keeps getting better. anyways i have seen the question asked already once but When can we get out on the ice to claim holes??? I was out at park rapids derby this past weekend and they had no alcohol allowed on the ice, so i wouldnt be complaining about buying it out there one bit. but i would bring a good sense of humor, cuz alot of funny things happen out there with all those people and those big of prizes, i seen women eating minnows this last weekend, makes me think twice about talking to anyone at the VFW later that night..... haha

EYESTALKER

Gents,

The event area will be open at 9 am to enter. The shots are from the folks at Phillips, who are reintroducing Ice Hole Schnapps. They'll also have samples of UV Vodka. The VFW is pulling around sleds of beer. Add to that a winery vendor from Colorado...should be good to go....

Fishapalooza

Hi Guys. Sorry it took so long to respond. As you can imagine, I'm wicked busy!

Sandmannd - You can get out there as early as 9am.

Bozosdad - You can get out there starting at 9am. Yes, you can use your Vexilar, Marcum or any type of sonar to check things out. And yes you can claim the hole by putting your bucket and gear by the hole.

Evinrude19 - There is no age limit to enter. If you are under 18 and win a prize that needs registration(truck,boat,ice castles,atvs), you will need a parent to claim the prize with you.

JigginIsLife - 9am

And Eyestalker is right on. Phillips will have a tent out there with free shots of Ice Hole Schnapps and UV Vodka.

Redwood Creek Wines will also be out there with free samples of wine. They'll be located in and around a Otter Cabin portable fish house. If you stop by Redwood Wines and try a sample, you can enter to win the Otter Cabin.

They will give it away that day. grin.gif

Thanks!

JigginIsLife

THis event sounds like the best tickets i have ever not had to pay for....wait i have always had to pay for my tickets, this is gonna be a great contest all around, hopefully i will win something, or possibly catch something.

Neiko

How are the non-raffled prizes handed out? Is it according to size or the order in which they are caught and registered? Also if I only have one ticket is it OK to bring extra rods already set up for quick change over? Lucky is my middle name and I would really like the Ice Castle Commander. \:\)

evinrude19

how many people are expected to be here and how many people were there last year?

Burnham

how much is a ticket and can you get them on the lake?

Fishapalooza

Neiko - It is according to size and time registered. Extra rods OK.

Evinrude19 - Zero people last year. It was canceled because of bad ice last year. We are expecting 7000 - 9000 people this year. Ice is awesome right now, and the sheriff already gave us the go ahead.