• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Ron Burgundy

How's the Winona bite been recently? Has Lake Winona produced anything this year?

bucktailsam

I have not fished on Lake Winona lately but have been fishing some other spots in Winona. The past few weeks have been very slow for me. I think this could be because of this cold weather. Anyone else having any luck?

Ron Burgundy

Where is there a good morning bite in Winona? I might try getting out early tomorrow or sunday.

Ron Burgundy

How was the action down there this weekend?

prodriverunner

I was on airport lake Sat. morning, just enough going on between the few flags and the bluegills/crappie to keep you interested. Tried it again Sun. afternoon and managed a few bluegills. The panfish are still suspended in 22 to 25 fow. A horizontal presentation seemed to work the best.

Buck

Ron Burgundy

Thanks for the info. I'll probably be out there this weekend. Mn City showed me tons of baitfish last night, but not one bite.

merganser

prodriverunner, shoot me an email at pretzelbender@yahoo.com.

JIvers

Is anyone driving cars or small trucks on the ice at Bartlett Lake, AKA "the airport lake" yet? I am heading up there this weekend, and will post a report of what I find for fishing.

And, could anyone give a report on what the ice is like below the lock and dams at Fountain City, Trempeleau, or Dresbach? I am going to check those out, too, if it is safe to walk on.

Ron Burgundy

I found 13 inches of ice and several full size trucks driving on it. Slow day, 3 perch. 2 10 inchers and a 6 incher. I nearly had a big dogfish. The six incher was floating in the hole, couldn't get back down. I caught it out of deep water. This big dogfish came up through the hole and scared the #2 right out of me. Then he had a hard time getting back down.

JIvers

I was out at the airport lake Sunday morning--drove my half-ton truck out with no issues. I had no luck with a tip-up, nor did anyone else that I saw. The bluegills were a little picky, but I picked some up before noon, which is when the bite really slowed down. Released two or three that hit 8" or over, kept eight in the 6" to 8" range, and threw back some smaller ones. No crappie or perch.

I found 4" to 8" of ice (depending where you looked) below the lock and dam at Dresbach Sunday evening. A few guys made the walk across the channel to the east side, but I was not one of them. The bite there was slow--one 12" sauger, and a 12" walleye. I didn't see much caught by anyone else.

I planned on going back to both places today, but the weather forecast sounded pretty bad, so I stayed in.