• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

H20c

mjrfishing

Question

Hey, i have had my h2oc gps for about a year now and it has a scratch the size of a penny-nickel the the front screen. It is somewhat readable but can be a nuisance when the backlight isn't on. Could the screen ultimately be replaced or am i stuck with a scratch on the screen? Does anyone has any thoughts on what to do?

10 answers to this question

Talk to Lowrance and see what they recommend. I had some scratches on one of my Lowrance units in my boat and they recommended a plastic polish that really took care of the problem. The screen on your h2oc is a different screen though so I wouldn't use the plastic polish on it unless they tell you too.

I ended up putting one of the stick on screen covers that people use to cover PDA screens to help minimize the scratching as the screen seems to be easily scratched. It's worked well so far.

mjr - grab some Maguire's PlastX cleaner/polish at Fleet Farm or any auto parts place. Spread some on and rub lightly and consistently with a soft, clean rag. Took a ton of scratches out of my H2Oc and made the finish good as new last fall. Also works well on CDs/DVDs. Best $5 I've spent in a while.

I got my screen protector online from what used to be called shieldzone. It is now called Zagg. About 9 bucks with free lifetime replacement IF it ever gets scratched. I have had mine on for about a year with no problems yet. I am happy with it.

Dustin

Originally Posted By: Blaze
mjr - grab some Maguire's PlastX cleaner/polish at Fleet Farm or any auto parts place. Spread some on and rub lightly and consistently with a soft, clean rag. Took a ton of scratches out of my H2Oc and made the finish good as new last fall. Also works well on CDs/DVDs. Best $5 I've spent in a while.

Meguires is also what I used, although like I said in my previous post that was with a different screen than is on the H2O.

Originally Posted By: mjrfishing
jwhjr, where can you get those stick on screen covers?

Just go to Target or Walmart and buy the protectors for the Nintendo Gameboy ;\)

I got mine at Best Buy, but as dtro said they can be found pretty much anywhere that sells electronics.

If you want to protect the whole unit, a neoprean case that was designed for the H2Os - comes with clear window for the screen/buttons and belt clip. Works pretty good, but it adds a little bulk and harder to press the on/off/light button. But at least if I drop it, it is less likely to get damaged.

I got mine from Reeds, think I paid $15-30.

I picked up a Sony PSP protector today at Target for 9.99 (2). I will let you know how they fit.