• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

So the last three times to fosters I will catch trout like crazy until 10-11 a.m.. But then nothing until 3 to 4 p.m.. I checked around but can't find the trout. I havn't checked the deep hole is that where they're at? Sunday morning was awsome 9 trout between 8 and 10 a.m.. 17 inches was the bigest one and 15 was the smallest. No one wanted to go with me cause it was to cold. Wimps. There loss was my gain more fish for me. But where are they midday? Oh all fish where catch and release. Got a pic with my phone of the 17 incher. Nice hook nose but very pale colors...

I'm noticing the same thing at Foster's as you are Tip. There are trout all over and biting until 11am or so, then only an occasional trout swims by until 3 or 4, and the ones that come through don't seem interested in eating. I haven't done enough searching there to find where they go for lunch.

Thought about it on Saturday, but decided it was too cold to tear down, drill more holes and move. I got there about 10 and caught two trout (15 and 16") before 11:00 and missed another, then caught two more (14 and 15") after 3. I also got two largemouths (10 and 12"), a 9" crappie and a 6" bluegill, all released.

Weather should be much nicer this weekend, so maybe I'll do some checking from noon to 3, including the deep hole.

I also got checked by the CO there again on Saturday. That's twice in two weeks. In my whole life before this year I've only been checked three times.

It's good to know that they are out checking. I for one don't mind being checked at all. That is what they are there for, to make sure that everyone is following the law.

I have no problem with being checked either. Gotta have enforcement or there would be chaos out there. I actually wish the COs had a more visible presence than they do in the woods and on the waters.

I was just commenting on nearly doubling my lifetime total of being checked in two weeks is all.

Yea I got checked on a weds. last year only one out there. I was trying to catch dinner for the wife and inlaws. I had two on the ice a 15 and 16 1/2 needed one more for the meal. Co nocks on my shack comes in does his thing. We started chating when i set the hook on a 25 1/4 incher he smiled said hope you brought a camera. I did not and back down the hole it went. I would like to add it would have went back any way cause I'm the guy who would get caught so i don't chance it. From what he told me there is very little tickets given out on fosters. I'm sorry to say that suprised me. I guess theres more honest people out there than I thought.

During the summer I think there are more given out. You see alot of multiple line violations, and no liscense violations.

I grew up along the Mississippi River, where two lines are legal winter and summer. It still bugs me when on inland waters that I can only use one line in the summer. Bugs me badly, actually.

I guess I don't understand the regulation. As long as a guy isn't over his limit of fish and is close to and in control of both lines, why can't two be used? It would be nice to throw a crawler on the bottom or a minnow or spikes under a slip bobber while casting a crankbait or spoon at the same time.

I agree, Foster's is a great example of why 2 lines should be legal for inland waters as well. One line live bait under a bobber and a 2nd line casting hardware. I believe there was talk of 2 lines for open water in the legislature last year, but it got shot down.

From what I have heard, there is talk of it almost every year, and it gets shot down every year.

I want three lines in the winter like Wisconsin. Two tip ups and a jigging line nothing better. Other than putting out three tip downs for crappies. But two lines in the summer would be great. But it will not happen in this state any time soon.

How has the bite been? I was thinking about heading over that way on monday to give it a try. Do you need a trout stamp to fish it or just to keep trout? I am 100% catch and release.. I just love to tangle with trout.. Havent been over east in a few years fishing the streams, so just want to hook a trout or 2 and whatever else is biting...also any which side be a good bet to catch something?

• 2 weeks later...

Well it took four moves. But I beleave I figured out the miday trout bite. Alot of fish went by had alot of broken lines my budy is new to trout fishing he has to learn how to play them on 2 lbs. line. But I caught mine! Powerbait strike again. It will be hard for me to go trout fishing again with out it. But after today I think I'm done keeping trout till spring. Time to focus on the crappies.

Picture145.jpg

nice fish. you need to add a [ bracket in front of your UBB image code ( %7Boption%7D )to get the photo to display on your post