• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

We are coming up to Ely next weekend for our annual ice fishing trip and was thinking of heading up to High Lake on Friday. Does anyone know how the trail is to the lake? Will we be able to make it with snowmobiles and 4-wheelers?

Anybody tried High yet this winter, I am trying to figure out if it pays to venture up there.

Any info is greatly appreciate.

Fishin has been pretty good on High so far this winter, from what I hear. Not sure how the trails are though. But would assume that you would be able to take the snowmobile or 4 wheeler in. Good Luck to ya. Let me know how ya do.

Cool, trout slayer. Get info here, post a report here. Sounds like a good trade. The best of luck on High! grin.gifgrin.gif

From what I've been told (though I haven't made the trip myself this winter), the trails are good.

We went up to High on Friday and bewteen 3 of us we got 11. 8 splake (11 - 17 inches), 2 rainbows (both about 15 inches), and 1 brookie (18 inches). All were caught in 8 - 10 feet of water. For an added bonus, we stopped on Bass on the way out and picked up 19 crappies.

I great day of fishing overall!

We took a wheeler and a sled and both of them worked fine. There is very little snow on the ice so a 4-wheeler would work just fine.

In winter, ATVs are legal on that snowmobile trail system (only the designated snowmobile trails, not the hiking trails). In summer, ATV use on that whole trail system is illegal. That's according to the Forest Service.