• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

wheelhouse travel

chewy d

heading up to red on wednesday,was curious how much snow there is on the lake.will i need someone to plow a spot for my house?am going out of hillman's.

There is a fair amount of crusted snow on the lake. You might be able to pick your way through the drifts if you have good tires... other wise stick to the roads and pick an already plowed out side trail.... there are plenty of them out there. Hillman's road runs out 8.5 miles and from 5 miles out to there is lots of room with already broken trails and roads at the ends to spread everyone out.

Good Luck!

Ken

We were up there last week and were kinda of dissapointed we couldn't fish our spots due to all of the snow. Were last year you could pretty much drive wherever you wanted, you will be a little restricted on where you want to go, but still alot roads out there...

Labs,

We were up the last two weekends and drove off a side road and saw a red house with a bra hanging on the nail. Could this be the infamous Lab Shack??

hey labs you wanna say howdy to blackshack and let him know his old house is still on the right side of the ice and will be on url this thursday thru sunday!!

I wish!!! grin.gif

Naw, I usually make them take 'em home with them... I'm a pretty modest guy! blush.gif

The Labshack is pretty easy to find, just look for Kelly or Jon and follow the broken pieces that are falling off of it... It's an old trick Kelly developed deer hunting, he drops a bread crumb every couple of steps to find his way home... he does the same on the lake except it's a big loaf of LABSHACK...!

Good Luck!

Ken

upnorth...

I'll let him know. Good Luck out there, I'll be back in 2 weeks. Sorry to hear of the troubles you had out on LOW after you bought it from Mark... that stinks. Did they ever catch them?

Good Luck!

Ken

are you kiddin.. that stuff is long gone.... oh well it only happend the day before last years URL trip had to resupply quickly and fix the house.. i guess it could have been worse they only broke the window in the door and only took the loose stuff .... this is my fist trip this year to url got any tips for me???

This weekend was the 1st for me for the year. It was cold!!! So we set up once and lived with where we set up.

I got it on good word that the center bar is really kicking out walleye, the crappies are still really scattered (we managed 4 for 8 guys) and it is still the funnest lake in the state to fish!

Red glow forage minnows worked the best, and lifting the minnow to get them to chase it and bite out-produced dead sticking. The ones that committed to chasing it bit! I only mananged 3 walleye on deadsticks all weekend... and only one of those was big enough to keep.

As usual, give yourself some distance from the neighboring houses and have a good time!

Good Luck!

Ken

I thought Kelly dropped raw meat on the trail. That is how he got the cougar to come so close.