• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Question's for Jonny P

bigbearslayer

My friends and I are coming up there from 1/24-1/27, wondering what the ice conditions are like? How much a road pass costs? If we need a spot plowed for a 8x18 wheelhouse how much does it cost? How much does it cost to put us on the fish?

Well first off I do not do business on the forums as they are for fishing info, and something about having more fun. ;\)

As for ice conditions we should be ok with the ice for now. I'm not saying you are perfectly safe as nobody ever is on the ice but I am starting to feel a litle better about being on the lake with a bigger truck. The only place I would be concerned is around the road banks and big drifts, thats where your thinner ice will be. (yet poeple still think its fun to jump them or cut through them crazy.gif)For snow and wheel house spots I am thinking the snow must have dropped or blew away or something this week because wheel houses are cruising all over and they are leaving trails behind for other to follow.

Roads fees at Hillmans is ten bucks, this gives you a super highway out 8.3 miles due west and at the 6 mile mark another larger road takes off Northwest into the heart of Crappie country or an area known as the crappie highway. I'm not sure how long this one is but it does go for a couple miles at least.

As for winter guiding I am booked up and very busy with sleeper houses from December 25th through the day we pull the houses off the ice due to break up. Some late season/spring guiding may be open but it all depends on ice conditions at the time.

bigbearslayer,

If you are a URL virgin, my suggestion is a set of tire chains for the truck. The chains are not always needed (last year and I think the year before) though the snow can be hard to gauge.

If in doubt,

1) park the house on the road, test the snow on foot

2) If you think you can make it through, make a path with the truck first then hook onto the house (especially if the house wheelpath does not follow the truck path)

2) If still in doubt, chain away