• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

PELICAN hot Spots

Got out Sunday night and the panfish were pretty timid. Managed 9 crappies and a few sunfish. How did everybody else do? Thanks Scott

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tisosy11

• TrophyEyes

• BigFish1

• fishroger

I was out there friday night and saturday morning. I think I was the only one on the lake for the most part. Marked a bunch of fish (left the camera at home). I just could not get them to bite the rig. They didn't seem to interested in whatever i was offering.

Did very well on Tuesday nite. Caught around 20 crappies. Two of them were over 13". I put them both back. The weather was incredible. I did notice that after Moon set the fish just turned off. I've watched the moon for muskies but never for crappies. Has anyone else noticed anything like that?

Sounds fun I have a place there but never ice fished it heading up there next week any good hints??

Lenny

Hoping to get up there again soon. Left all my dang bathroom stuff at the cabin...

Fishing for crappies has been rough lately. I've been doing good all winter for crappies, but the last three trips have been terrible. I can't find them. Do they stage up on the weedline this time of the year? The sunfish were really biting during the day which was a nice consolition. Anybody else go out this weekend?

they do move shallower and I am sure with the last week of heat they moved in a bit...

They could've told me before they went! I think it might be time to get the boat ready.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone, thought I would bump this thread to the top...

Does anyone in the area know how the water level is doing on Pelican and other surrounding lakes? Has it came back at all from the last couple of dry years...

It is not back up from past years, but it is back to where it was last spring. That is the report my dad gave me from last weekend.

Thats good, the lake was extremely low last summer and hopefully it rebounds well enough. Can't wait to get up there next weekend!

I was up there yesterday and water level seamed pretty good. The crappies were just starting to move into the shallows, only found them in a couple spots. Didn't have any luck in the walleye department, just slimers.

Most lakes are at a decent level but still on the low side. Most landings should be fine.

Welp, making the first trip of the new season up to Pelican for this coming weekend... Was curious how the lakes doing? Water Temp?

How's the fishing been? Depths/what's biting.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

Has anyone had any luck with the Pike? I have never targeted them on this lake, as I primarily go for Walleyes or Bass. Are there some bigger pike in Pelican, or are the 32-35 inch ones that I catch lindy rigging a red tail pretty much the top?

Not alot of big slimers in pelican, alot of 2 # bait stealers. Ocsassionally get a bigger one.

Caught nothing for size in the pike this weekend. A lost of little little ones and a couple 22-24 inch.

• 1 month later...

BUMP

How's the fishing been on Pelican?

We were up weekend after the fourth and the wind kept us off the lake most of the weekend. Got out a few times and didn't really have much luck. Caught a couple small 'eyes on Thursday night but nothing much for the rest of the weekend.

Hoping for calm weather and a chance to fish new places. Going up in two weeks and hoping to try a few new spots.

P_00129.jpg

Last night I was just about to give up when I hooked this guy. With its tail pinched it came in right at 29"! The only eye I caught, made it a real nice evening! Now if I can just catch him again when he's 2 inches longer I might have to put him on the wall...