• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fly Swap 2008

DEADhead

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DEADhead

• Quickstrike

• Nate McVey

• WxGuy

I'm going to sit down and tie mine today and they should be in the mail sometime this weekend.

I'm tying today, and hopefully will get in the mail before last call...

Fly swap status:

DEADhead - Done

mouse - recieved

so haaad - recieved

Wx Guy - recieved

Quickstrike

-Marc V- - recieved

shiner2367 - recieved

musky_tail05 - recieved

sowbug1171

SportFishin' - recieved

Stiff - recieved

erickol - recieved

Hey Deadhead,

Can you do me a huge favor & shoot a pic of my Pearl Flash Brassie & post it up with my recipe? My home PC is out of commish for a bit and unable to do it through my employers pc.

Thanks my friend,

Chris

Originally Posted By: SportFishin'
Hey Deadhead,

Can you do me a huge favor & shoot a pic of my Pearl Flash Brassie & post it up with my recipe? My home PC is out of commish for a bit and unable to do it through my employers pc.

Thanks my friend,

Chris

no problem chris! Whatever pattern recipes aren't posted to that fly swap patterns thread, will be photo'd by me, so everyone who didn't get a chance to partcipate gets to see what was swapped this year, in hopes of getting more interest for the next swap.

This is a good reminder to add/update your pattern recipe post !

Hey guys, bad news. I was down visiting my parents and spent a day on the Rush. I was meaning to get around to tying up my batch of flies when I was down there and happened to somehow forget all my tying stuff on the downstairs table. mad.gif Rather than spending the money to have it all shipped back up to me, I'll be driving down to do a little fishing and pick it up next week sometime. I forgot the deadline for the swap, but I won't be able to sene my flies out for at least a week. JP, if you wete planning to sent out the flies before that, you'll have to count me out on this one, otherwise I can likely have them in the mail by the middle of next week.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Maybe we should require Kent to tie a second fly...kind of like a "late fee"??? \:\) Maybe a steelie nymph?

Not sure what the rest of the group thinks, but I'm fine with waiting for another week or so.

I can wait as well...........Kent you'll just have to tie me something special for the 29th grin.gif

I'm still waiting for flies from two other people, so Kent it is ok. I really don't care when I get flies sent out; I mainly wanted you guys to get the flies before the Brule opener, if you wanted to use them there.

I think Kent's punishment ahould be a free guided trip for all of the fly swap participants on the river of our choice grin.gif

I'm one of the other two slackers. \:\)

JP, mine are in the mail as of today (Tuesday).

If you want to send them out, go for it. I can send a couple flies out to each guy if they want to e-mail me their address. I don't want you all to wait on my account, and I would be more than happy to take anyone out for a day that participated in the swap!

Kent I was only kidding about the outing. I'm still waiting on a few others' flies, so don't worry about it yet. Send them in when you get your stuff back, then I'll send the flies out to everyone. I haven't heard anyone complain about getting the flies back later.

Cool, thanks for understanding. I know you were kidding, but I was just throwing the offer out there if anybody wanted. However, it sounds like all of you guys would most likely do just fine on your own. Good crew we've accumulated in the fly fishing forum!

Quote:
I know you were kidding

I hope that wasn't meant for me grin.gif ............I was dead serious!! grin.gif

shiner, if you're still up at GSL in August, we'll have to meet up for some fishing and take Kent up on his offer ;). This will likely be my third August in a row in Two Harbors, working. There probably won't be any runs then, but maybe you or Kent will know of a producing stream, otherwise normally I hit the breakwall for some lakers and cohos after work is done. Otherwise we can meet up to tell stories. Normally I make at least one trip down to Great Lakes Fly Co when I'm there. Always good conversation with John and Marlene.

Definetly! The way it looks now, I will still be here in August. The plan is to move to Bloomington September 1st, but that could always change.........I hope I am, cause fall fishing is a blast up here.

I knew it was getting close to your move... I'll get in touch with you when it gets closer to August.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my stuff back, flies will be in the mail tommorrow. JP can you re-send the email with your info, I get about 50 emails a day and I'm having trouble finding it. Thanks man.

Hey JP, you can just go ahead and send the flies out and keep the ones tied for me for yourself. I just wasn't able to find time with school, work, and steelhead season arriving. I'll still tie up a bunch of flies and send them out to everyone, it'll just be a month or so, maybe earlier.

Sorry to hear that Kent. I'll still send those flies out to you, especially if you are going to tie and send someout later. Email me your postal address.

I'll try and get the flies out to everyone sometime this week.

Got mine today! Great job everyone and thanks for setting it up JP! I can't wait to get out and fish these!