• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
glenn57

doesnt anyone know

glenn57

why doesnt anyone want to give up any fishin info on the suoth end of leech, west of whipholt in the anderson northland lodge area. ive posted several times with no response. curious minds need to know.

jaydog

the guys up in this area are scared there sceret spots are going to get over fished

Chuckster

I dont think that everyone is worried to give up their secret spots, so I would not go jumping to conclusions. I have just moved to the area less than a year ago, and from what I can tell 75% of the winter fishing is done in the Walker Bay area. I have heard the fishing on the main lake had been slower, but has picked up a little as of late. I would suggest that if you are inquiring how the fishing is close to the Anderson/Northland lodge area to pick up the phone and give them a call. That way you can get the reports straight from the horses mouth.

Grady

I think the problem with your question is that you are asking about a huge area that doesn’t see the fishing pressure some of the more accessible areas do.

We have a place on the West shore at the South end. Haven’t been up yet this Winter, but will be up in a couple of week. Where we fish is dependent on ice condition, including pressure ridges; can’t always get to where we want to go. There are a number of small pop-ups along the South shore from West to East and several bays. All of these areas could have a potential for success.

Prospect with a good lake map and pick some potential good structure. If you are staying at one of the resorts, they should be able to narrow down the search.

glenn57

thanks guys, didnt look at it from that angle. ill do the phone thing.

chris3

glenn57

Hey Glenn, what do you want to know? I live year round down the road from the resort. I only get to fish during the weekends but would be happy to help you out in any way I can.

glenn57

chris3, i kind of have preference to staying at there resort because they have been really good to us in the past. we use to do the tullibbee off of stoney but found a decent spot near there place. the tullibee days are past, had to many, but we would like to spend a few days up there to spear some nords catch some perch or a few eyes, i would kind of like to know if that area could produce some of these fish species and not travel real far from there. depending the conditions i have either sleds or ayv to get around. its something my wife and i want to to if not this year next tear for sure. any infowould be really appreciate it. thanks.

glenn57

hey chris3 you still there?

chris3

yep been really slow out on the flat in front of uram bay so i am moving my house over near the resort off the first point. Going out in about an hour. Let you know if anything is happening.

Grady

Chris:

Just got up tonight. Were you set up on Marshal Point or closer in to Uram? Moving to 1st point east of Northland (Black Diamond, Third Rogers. Northland reef, or whatever it is called), or ¼ mile east of northland?

Have you been on the humps (pop-ups) between Marshal & Rogers Point/Pipe Island?

Our neighbors usually set up on the humps east of Grassy Point. Haven’t talked to them yet so I don’t know where they have set up this year or how they have been doing. Any update will be greatly appreciated.

Once I get out on the lake and have a couple of days behind me I will post my results.