• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

north end

keyks42

Anybody fishing the north end? Do any of the resorts have roads out to any of the mud flats? most of the talk is on the east end.

Thanks

Mark

Mark, I've heard reports that Red Door has some roads going out. I'm not sure how far but some of those flats aren't very. Calling around to the other resorts would be your best bet this weekend with the cold temps and changing iceconditions by the hour.

Barnacles has roads going out to East Flat, Sliver, and Barnacles Flat. At one point they had a trail out to the Jug. I have no up-to-date info if that turned into a road yet or not. There is a lot of slush out there so you are limited to a point without a snow machine as to where you can go. As of last week, only the east side of East Flat was ok, west of that was all slush. I beleive Barnacles Flat had similar conditions. Not to mention fishing has been pretty poor. Some perch are being caught on the sand break and some walleye as well.

Harmonica, you sure about those roads out to those far away areas like Sliver? Last year, my buddy and I had a little bird tell us that they were hittin at Sliver. Well, we went out from the North shore and made the long, 9 mile trek out to SLiver (pretty much the middle of the lake). It was well worth it once we got there, but I can tell you this, after about a mile out from the North shore, the plows said, forget it! There wasn't a road even remotely close to Sliver. There were about 3 other shacks on Sliver that day (Sliver is an area the size of my boat where it goes from 33 ft up to 25 - they don't call it sliver for nothin!!), and as we were leaving that night, we saw two guys flat out stuck. Yeah, they had Silverados and were still stuck. Lucky for us, my RAM 2500 Deisel plowed through the snow, but you can flat forget about hoping there's a road going out there. Just my $2 for the day! Good luck to all - if all goes well, we'll be there next weekend!

I think we are talking to different slivers. There is a small "sliver" flat inbetween Barnacles and East, that on the resort map is referred to as sliver. Sorry if I created any confusion.

If you look on the Nittis Hunters Point web-site, go to webcam, then click on All Around the Lake Report you can get a report from lots of resorts around the lake. Last updated on the 16th. Good site, lots of info on resort roads and rentals. Its sounded like the north and west side resorts are having a tough time this year. Many with little or no roads and rentals available.

Late night

Thanks for the info I will try that web site. If anybody fishes the north end this weekend let us know how it goes.

I haven't been on the pond all year and will be going next friday. I keep telling the wife I need a sled but it falls on deaf ears.

Mark

Hey mark, good luck next week. I think your wife needs hearing aids. grin.gif See ya in a couple weeks.

The wife and I have only fished the lake twice. We went out of Garrison Thursday night. With Garrison Sports and the houses aren't very far out. The wife caught a 26" walleye and mine was 24". We missed 4 or 5 during the night, but catching two walleye 2 foot long or better is still a good time to me.

The wife and I have only fished the lake twice. We went out of Garrison Thursday night. With Garrison Sports and the houses aren't very far out. The wife caught a 26" walleye and mine was 24". We missed 4 or 5 during the night, but catching two walleye 2 foot long or better is still a good time to me.

Keyks, here is the latest report out of Red Door and Barnacles.

Red Door Resort

A few limits of walleyes and Jumbo's too. They now have a plowed roads out to some of the flats. Lake roads now open to the public. We have all the houses out now. Still some slush areas to be aware of but all of our roads are looking good. Their phone number is 218-678-3686.

Barnacles Resort

We have new roads to the flats the old road is cracked up too bad to use so stay off. The ice is good it seems to be at least 14 inches in most spots. I think all this cold weather has turned the fish off. Reports have been bad. A few walleyes are being caught in the sands but not so many perch. My cousin caught a 28 and 1/2'' walleye on Barnacles flat and a few came off of the bumps, the other flats seem to be dead. Contact Barnacles Resort at 1-218-678-3122 for more info.