• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

cold weekend

ilovehardwater

Im coming up this weekend for my first time, I'm very excited to go. For mobility we decided to fish out of portables instead of renting a sleeper. The forcast looks very cold, I think we are going to have to run both the big and little buddy heaters. I just hope that the winds stay down and we can run into some fish...BT

There predicting between -26 & -36 for windchill factors on Sat.

Winds out of NW @ 9-11 mph.

Renting a hard-house sounds more appealing to me IMO.

Good Luck

sometimes the best fising is during the cold snap. I know guys that were out last year on Red during the cold snap. They had the best week of the year up there. Fish cannot tell when the air is cold, only barometric pressure. over the limit, you need to get out more to see for yourself.

I would agree,I have had some really good luck when it was very cold. I think pressure is more important. The moon is getting close to full. That should help. It's always worth it to get out when you have the time im my opinion, cold or warm.

Since the front has already moved through and high pressure is overhead, that should help the fishing for the next few days, at least I hope it does...

I agree with the temp, just like fishing in the spring, crappy and cold we still go out!!! I am just going to stay warm this weekend and cheer for the packers!!!!!!!!!! GO PACK!!!!!!!!!!

We were up last year same weekend and same cold snap weather. We did fine. Most of the fish were on tipups but got one big walleye in the house on a rattle reel. Tip ups caught perch and walleyes on red hooks and fat heads. I won't say these are ideal conditions but a few days of steady cold weather are better then a variety of weather changes. I guess we'll see how the weekend goes. Good luck!

Fishing out of the portables was not bad at all. We fished all day Saturday and until 1pm today. Our best day was Saturday with 20 nice pearch 9-11.5 inch and 6 early this morning of the same size. No walleyes but I'm pleased with the quality of pearch we caught. I just might have to make another trip up there before the end of the season and try to hook into some eyes.....BT