• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

We have a cabin on the east side by the camp ground and was thinkning about heading up there tomorrow. How has the fishing been? With this cold snap are people driving out or not? I will post results.

Yo Kid;

Give Ron or Doug a ring at the resort.

They can tell you whats up.

Rush Lake Resort 320-358-4427

Keith

Man was it a cold day out there. Fishing was ok, managed 10 nice sized perch 3 bluegills and 1 crappie to bring home. If I would have tried I could have brought home more bluegills but wasnt really after them. I did see a number of good sized eyes on the cam but couldnt get them to bite. I was in 18fow. There are very few things in life that make me mad but seeing all of the trash that is on the ice that people dont pick up really makes me mad. I also passed a spot where someone caught 3 really nice crappies and just left them on the ice because they didnt feel like cleaning them. If we want this lake to keep producing people need to clean up after themselves and only keep what they will clean.

Yup, that really sucks people left fish out on the ice to rot. Its possible they forgot them somehow. Thanks for the fishing report. If everyone picks up something on their way off the ice it will be a lot cleaner. Unfortunately, there will always be those who won't pick up after themselves.

Hey fishingkid, what kind of camera do you use on east rush? I have an aqua view and it didnt work very well. How many fow does it work in, mabey I was too deep. Also does your camera work at night? mine doesnt work very well in low light conditions. Plus I was on west rush, mabey that was it. Is the water clarity that much better over there? This last wen. I caught my first ever walleye on west rush, it was a good eater at 16" and a blast to catch. I have really pounded on some great crappie & perch action on that lake before, but have never gotten any eyes. I go to mille lacs just because the camera works so well, but if it is usable on rush that is alot closer. Thanks for any info.

Hawk

I bought my camera at Menards last year so its one of those off brands but it works great. If I had to guess how far I can see with the camera I would guess 10-15 feet away and I was in 18fow. At night its a whole different story 1-2 feet away depending on how clear the water. The DNR stocks both East and West with a lot of walleyes and there are some big ones in there. I would say every summer we catch 3 or 4 that are abotu 9lbs. when trolling with large sucker minnows for pike.

theicefishingkid,

do you ever get out on west rush and ice fish? I have not had very good luck with the eyes on rush at all. On the fishin opener fishing for walleyes a couple of years back I caught & released a 44" musky. Best fish of my life!~ kepps me coming back.