• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

MN DNR Wild Turkey Clinics - 2008

HateHumminbird

For those first-time hunters, or even folks with a few birds under their belt, these clinics are a great way to glean a whole bunch of information about the wild turkey. Clinics are held throughout the state, so there's hopefully a convenient time and location for everyone. I attended my first one about 10 years or so ago, and found them to be very informative. It's also a chance to pull on the ear of some folks that have been at it awhile.

For a list of times and locations of clinics, visit 2008 MN DNR Wild Turkey Clinics.

In addition, we have two instructors this year from our very own FM turkey page. Dave Sunderman (LEP7MM) and myself, Joel Nelson (jnelson) will each be putting on our own clinics in the southern part of the state. For specific times/dates, please see below. For specific information regarding each clinic, click on the "details" link directly after each clinic of interest OR scroll down towards the bottom of the above page, and click on the appropriate link.

• March 15th - Redwood Falls Community Center - 9 AM – Instructor: Dave Sunderman - details

• March 22nd – Cannon Falls Sportsman’s Club – 9AM – Instructor: Joel Nelson - details

• March 22nd - Scheels in Mankato - 2 PM – Instructor: Dave Sunderman - details

• March 29th - Scheels in Mankato - 2 PM – Instructor: Dave Sunderman - details

Thanks for the interest, we look forward to seeing you all there!

Joel

• 2 months later...

For those of you who are first time hunters, or have gone a few times and would like to learn more, our very own LEP7MM will be doing one of the last few DNR Wild Turkey Clinics in the state. These are informative, well-laid-out, and incredibly advantageous especially to the first time hunter. I've attended several myself over the years, and now am instructor for them.

See above information for the March 29th Clinic!

Joel

Thanks for the refresher on the post Joel.

The clinic at scheels this past Saturday was a hit. I expected 34 people and ended up with 45 total.

I even had the local news station out there for a little PR. KEYC has a clip of the clinic while I was trying to show everyone "What Not To Do" in a call sequence.

If you search their site for "Scheels holds turkey hunter clinic" you can see the clip. It's on the second page dated March 22nd.

Thanks a lot Dave for the great clinic. Abby and I had a lot of fun. She was very impressed with your calling.

It was nice meeting you, sorry we didn't get to chat much, but I'm sure we will run into each other. I'm gonna be hunting St. Peter area for the youth hunt with my sister and I'm bowhunting in 442 late season.