• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Question on the laws.

HavocTec

Ok so the DNR tells me I will get a tag this year because my pref. points are high enough to get one. So when (if) I get one. This will be the reg. tag not just the archery one, can a person bring a shotgun and a bow out to the blind and shoot a bird with either depending on the range? Thanks for any info ahead of time.

Yes. With a regular tag you can use any LEGAL weapon of your choice to take your turkey. Be it a bow, regular shotgun,or muzzle loading shotgun. You can take both a bow and a shotgun out with you.

Yes you can. My advice, leave your shotgun at home/camp. I drew a tag for the third time last year. My first year was a learning experience. Heard birds, saw some, no opportunity. Second year, shot one with my shotgun. Third year, goal was to shoot one with my bow. I'm glad I didn't carry a shotgun. Patience, and it payed off. If I would have had a shotgun in my blind I probably wouldn't have been as patient. I shot a nice Tom at about 35 yds. It was the most "rewarding" hunt that I've ever been on. My two cents. Take it for what it's worth.

good luck