• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

fishing lately

Well the crappies have finally took off in my neck of the woods, in the last week or two we finally have run into good crappie bites on a few lakes. We've been staying away from the crowds and seem to find active fish every time we go out. All we do is find the deeper water(20 feet or so) next to some shallow structure(12-14 feet or so) and the bite is kicking in good compared to earlier in the year.

leechbait...is it mainly a morning/evening bite that you're gettin up there? That's what I've been hearin around the DL area lakes.

yes definitely more evening than morning, midday is very slow. WE pick up a few pike and some bass.

GOOD ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nahhh give me your email, I can probably help you out.

The fishing has been really good for the crappies and the walleyes picked up during the warm weather. I'm sure I won't be out again till the weekend but the crappie bite has been HOT.

Crappies picked up the other night. The bite was late, but still pretty good. They were pretty small but still fun.

Yes, definitely a mixed bag though, The average is 11-12" with an occasional 13" and some smaller 8-10 inchers thrown in.

Anyone care to fill me in on which lake you are fishing? If you don't want to say on here maybe email me?

[email protected]

Any info would be appreciated, and I don't have anyone to spill your secrets to, after all i am just a college kid looking to get some fish for the pan.

I`ve heard a few reports of some pannies but havent fished them myself but i`ll email ya and you can decide what you want to do.

Sounds good, i'll let ya know how i do if i make it out there...probably won't happen unless it warms up though. Thanks again