• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
rmrakt

4 Wheelers?

rmrakt

Hello,

Heading up to Baudette next week with a group of buds. Based on the current surface conditions around Pine Island, Zipple and beyond...... is it worth bringing wheelers up to run and gun with the portable or should be just load the portable in the back of the truck and work off of the road system?

Thanks for your help!

-Rick

hawkeye43

I think a truck would be a better way to go. There was lots of trucks moving around this weekend.

only ice

Plenty of Ice, and why fight the cold.You can drive your truck about any place you like. Good Luck!

dirtking

Plus there is pretty deep snow in places - might be hard to get too far off the road with the wheeler.

rmrakt

Thanks for the recommendations guys! Wheelers stay home. Easier on the gas mileage up there too.

Fun to run around with the wheelers but with the snow drifts described and cold temps forecasted a warm truck will be the way to go.

Good luck to you too!

-Rick

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• pikeandchester
      Drove by Elysian on my way home this afternoon. Shoreline didn’t appear to be pulling away, view from the highway for what it’s worth. 
    • pikeandchester
      Got the property surveyed today. Originally plotted back in 1968 and sure enough there where metal pipes marking 3 of the corners but who knows how long it would have taken me to find them. They placed a monument on the missing corner. Hopefully this warm weather sticks around, need to remove some trees and get the wheel house moved in. Thanks everyone for your responses!
    • leech~~
      Was out on the lake today. Easy 24-26" inches of hard ice yet.
    • pikeandchester
      Drove around the entire lake today. From the road it looks like the warm weather has melted most of the snow. Only saw about a half dozen people fishing. Ice isn’t pulling away from shore yet. Stopped at the Borden access and walked out a bit, kicked myself for not bringing the fishing equipment, easy travel out there. 
    • eyeguy 54
      interesting day fishing on 30 inches and 60 degrees out   no monsters but got a very round hybrid and some rock bass with neat eyes. 
    • Alex wilhelmi
      Tomorrow I'll post a fish pic. I hope.
    • Alex wilhelmi
      Plastic PC is 3/4 x2 x3.5. Drilled shallow holes on the transom side for the adhesive to cling to. Pretty solid. Time will tell
    • Alex wilhelmi
    • Tom Sawyer
      No shutoff needed. Take a photo of how you mounted your transducer Alex.
    • Alex wilhelmi
      Actually when I store the boat I take the unit off as well. Is it ok to have the power line just hanging out? Do I need a shut off switch?