• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

It's here...

DEADhead

The new rod showed up this morning

scottarc10084em0.jpg

This rod is so cherry, it feels sweet in your hand. Definitely worth the $$$. It should be able to tame most of the crazy fish that I chase...

Congratulations on the new edition to the family grin.gif Seriously though, that is a great rod and I have a feeling I might be sharing some shoreline with you on the Brule this spring grin.gif

Quote:
I have a feeling I might be sharing some shoreline with you on the Brule this spring

Yeah I'll be elbow to elbow betweeen you Kent and Porter, ha! \:\/

so haaad, it's a 10' 8 weight transporter. The rod is the ARC model (Scott Classic for 2007)

She looks like a sweetheart- brand new too! I don't think you'll regret it \:\/ Now you just gotta work on keepin yourself from getting cabin fever until the end of March...

I agree with Porter. I could never buy a new rod in the winter, it would drive me nuts until spring! I get excited enough as it is just thinking about the rivers thawing out in the spring. Having to think about the new toys I acquired over the winter would most likely put me over the edge! grin.gif

That's going to be a sweet stick for ya.

the dreaded cabin fever can be quite deadly this time of year... Good thing I have my tying to help tide me over ;\)

I'm a bit envious, JP. \:\)

My rod inventory is staying the same this year unless I happen to win one at a banquet, but I'd like to pick up a good 6wt for smallies...

...and btw, you could always come down here for a weekend of winter trout fishing. Keep an eye on the forecast and pick a decently mild weekend.

my wife works every other weekend, so that cuts my opportunities in half. so far, I have enough activities to last through the early C&R season.

I'll likely be down in the SE working late spring/early summer. Since I'll have nothing to do down there after work, we'll have to meet up and hit some streams.