• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Catching any in winona?

Anyone know were they are catching fish down in winona? Going there this weekend just wondering were the hot bite is at thanks for the help.

Fished Airport Lake on Saturday without much luck. Small gills in the 4-6" range was all 3 guys and two 11-12 year olds managed. A couple guys set up a little ways away over shallower water and caught one keeper gill and about an 18" northern before I moved on.

We were fishing pretty much straight out (north) from the parking area by the end of a tree or branch that sticks up a foot out of the ice. there's 26-30 fow in that area. The guys who had better luck were 50 yards to our east over 8-10 fow.

That's the only fishing I've ever done in Winona, and I don't think I'll be making the drive again, at least not this year. My buddy had some luck there over the past 3 weeks, and another guy at the landing said the same thing, but it's slowed down a bit lately I guess.

You might try Lake Winona by the hospital. Aqua view showed some crappies in the weeds. Its going to be cold and the lake wind comes from the north so be ready. Not sure what the cold front will do to the fish.

My brother and I fished next to you and caught 1 5 inch crappie. The black shelter and the eskimo auger. They were really light biters. Lots of bites, some were just slamming it but difficult to hook.

Originally Posted By: Ron Burgundy
My brother and I fished next to you and caught 1 5 inch crappie. The black shelter and the eskimo auger. They were really light biters. Lots of bites, some were just slamming it but difficult to hook.

I guess it was a slow day all around there that day. As I was leaving I wondered how the guys were doing on that strip of water that parallels the airport runway.