• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lincoln Lakes Area Fishing

Say guys looking for anyone fishing on Lake Alex Fish trap or Shaminau. How are they doing this weekend and what they catching. I was out Friday and we caught two limits of nice Crappies in less than 2 hours. Is anything else going or is it slowing down for the cold snap?

on alex? i see there's still a lot of houses there on the west end. i can't believe they can still be biting like that over there.

people are driving all over alex. i drove out with a 3/4 ton dodge on thurs. had 14-15" where i drilled about 8 different spots.

Just went to Alex tonight from 400 to 830, marked fish all night but only caught about 6 crappies. Nothing real big, had plenty of competition though! Lake was pretty full.

Was on Alex last night as well, lots of houses on the west end. Fished from 3:00 to 7:00. Caught a bunch of dink sunnies and a limit of crappies, but I was hungry. Normally those fish would go back in the water. Crapps were smaller than I had heard, the bigger ones must have been weeded out already...

Was out on Alex all weekend, and the bite was pretty slow for me. Mainly pesky little perch, and nothing worth keeping. I've never seen so many houses on that lake before either. I can't imagine there's a lot of fish left in there!

Way to much pressure at Alex......went to Fish Trap last week....its like fishing in Canada.......nobody's out here, its kind of nice, you go drill holes where fish should be...huuuh...they they are! Been back twice more and they're biting. Limited on 12" to 13 1/2" crappies the first time and the next 2 times walleye limits (15"to 24") gotta love those frostie spoons!

Alex looks like "Grumpy Old Men" out there! There are houses on top of houses pretty much ALL over that lake. I'm thinking about buying a corn dog cart from the State Fair, quitting my job, and setting up shop in the west bay. I'd be rich!

i join you with orange julices stand. Maybe Fried fish on a stick for them people whom can't catch them.

The west end bite is way slow now and mostly 9 10 inch crappies, but if you go out further in the lake thats where the nice 13inchers are now!!!! Go drill some holes and have fun! Ice is good all over. Myself and my buds have been driving heavy trucks and diesels all across the lake for close to 3 weeks now. I fish out there almost everyday.

scotty were in the main lake??? dont say it on here. get ahold of me sometime. im plannin on going out monday since i dont have school.

Would anyone be so kind as to give me some idea where to be fishing on Fishtrap for walleyes? My I am new to fishing the lake, as my parents have recently purchased a cabin on the lake. My dad and I were thinking about trying some fishing in the coming weekend and would like any info that can give us some chance of catching some walleyes, or crappie. The way it looks in past yeard that houses seem to set up just outside the bay from the public access right off old hwy 10. Any info on bait, location, presentation, time would be great. Any info in general about fishing this lake would be greatly appreciated.