• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
dartsportsteve

Anybody been out to horseshoe?

dartsportsteve

Just wondering... Talked to a guy tonight who said it used to be the cat's meow before a winterkill. Worth trying? Thanks and good luck!

Tipup101

Been there twice this year. Pretty slow a few northerns a hand full of 6 inch sunnnies and crappies.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wakemup
      Thanks Cliff for the update, and thanks Brett for the info too!
    • FishinCT
      You can fish a little meat out of the ones with really big claws. Tails are easy once you get the hang of it. Meat pops right out then just pull the intestine(?) and you're good to go.  I'd rather people use fish guts as crawfish bait rather than throwing them in the woods for my dog to find 
    • Nix769
      You can also get the ArcGIS app to access the county files on your mobile or download the .kmz files on the county site to use in Google Earth. Either way very useful.
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Well most people use a fish head or two in the trap as bait.  Any type of raw  meat will probably work well. No need to purge them as they are coming out of clean water. Just boil the whole crawdad in salt water or better yet in a Cajun mix! The tails are about the only part worth messing with. Cliff
    • Walleyehunter82
      I live on Little Cormorant Lake, I believe sometime next week that it will be open.  The lakes out there are changing fast!
    • meerkat
      we got a lot snow down in the twin cities than up north and temps are a lot higher than it was in 2013.   I think we will have enough open water to fish the opener.   No one needs to cancel!  I HOPE any way
    • meerkat
      what do you use for bait?  I heard you can't use left over fish guts.   do you have to soak them?  sorry not sure what that process is called.
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      meerkat, Many people eat the rusties. Very tasty but like walleye wings it takes a lot for a meal! Cliff
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      I just got an e-mail from Brent Flatten in the Tower Fisheries Office stating that they hope to get the Dock in by Monday if the river clears of ice. Will set the trap nets on Tuesday and the first net lift will be on Wednesday. They may even collect eggs Wednesday if there are enough ripe females. Very good news! Thanks for your update Brent! Cliff
    • AlwaysFishing23
      I would imagine the man made pepin connected to the sippi is open not the actual lake pepin?