• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
bigfish24

spring lake

bigfish24

hows the eye bite any good size any crappies?

AceintheHole

Been pickin a few walleyes here and there but things are still slow but seem to be pickin up a little bit. Been tring off the pionts. Crappies have been easy to come by but there size is a little small 6-8"

walleyeJoe

what ever happened to that lake i dont get it.. what happened to all the big crappies????

lucy1205

The lake is very cyclical, all the big ones were harvested and now the waiting game begins, Just 4 years ago half pound sunfish and nice crappies were common. The walleyes are usually stocked size too. Now and again youll catch nice ones but thats because most evade being harvested in the summer and take a pounding through the ice.

walleyeJoe

yea i hear ya... i remember 3 years going out there and catching 12 inch crappies on average... pretty soon that lake will become a nice walleye lake i think!!!

PikePatroller

Im looking to get out on this lake in the next few days. Hows the bite...any tips for this lake?

Kodiak

ace-

if you dont mind, what are you picking the walleyes up on?

i have been running a buckshot spoon w/fathead-head..and have not been having too much luck, being midseason i think i might switch to a deadstick with a hook and whole fathead.

AceintheHole

One -Two punch Jigging and dead stickin with fatheads or small shiners. Most fish coming on dead stick red hook and small glow bead. The glow bead seems to be making the walleyes bite more after dark.

Kodiak

PikePatroller

Any recent reports here?

Wallmaster

I was out on Spring today for the evening bite and caught a few crappies and sunnies nothing to bragg about though. One 12" and a bunch of 8" Crappies. No Walleyes to be seen either. The Crappies seemed to bite on the bigger minnows after it got dark, and small minnows and waxies before. I was in 21fow sand and scattered rock bottom with fish at the bottom to 5' suspended

frank's bait

Use to hit up this lake weekly before the ice wallys were all in the shallow like 2 fow. Green seemed to be the trick. Any lake that you can walk out your backyard throw a line in and catch a wally is a lake i'd love to live on. Too bad the real estate market on this puddle is astronomically high.

AceintheHole

Used to be a fun lake to fish but things have changed the few years. Good lake just have to find them

tednugefan

what county is this lake in

AceintheHole

Scott. It's always said to be a good crappie lake and walleye lake which is true just depends on the fish. Back in the late 90s we could go out in the winter off hunters point and hammer crappies in the 12-14" range. Back in the spring of 05 the walleye were going crazy. Not much size but we were catching them maybe 40-50 a day using jigs and fatheads.

MuleShack

Plenty of crappies in the lake. Last 2 outings caught about 50 each time...only problem is they were all identical size...5" fish. this was on NE, NW and SW sides. Good population for the future though. \:\)

wish2getwalleye

at the risk of sounding like a moron but what is deadsticking or how do you use this technique?

GoggleEye

Deadsticking refers to setting a jig pole out and not jigging it or moving it at all. Most will use fatheads, crappie minnows, or shiners on a plain hook or small jig and just let the minnow do the work. Pretty deadly technique if the fish don't want a finesse approach. Hope that clears things up. ;\)

GoggleEye