• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pics of the big pond

Glockwinger

Took some pics that I posted a couple days ago, but the post was lost in the shuffle. For those who did not see them...here are some of them again.

This is a pic of my house being moved:

2008_movingicehouse_01.JPG

Here is my Father-in-law's house being moved:

2008_movingicehouse_02.JPG

Here is the road to my house:

2008_iceroad_01.JPG

A beautiful sunrise:

2008_Mille_Lacs_Sunrise_01.JPG

And finally a sunset:

2008_Mille_Lacs_Sunset_01.JPG

Hope to get some pictures of some FISH eventually grin.gif

The bite has been slow, but we are heading back up today to try 'er again.

GW

Dude, it was just to share some pictures of the Big Pond. Just enfoy them. Great pics BTW.

The picture make me want to drive up to the pond and catch some eyes. Its always a great time on Mille Lacs.

Better question is what is the point of you writing "what was the point of this?" Some thoughts are better kept to yourself.

Anyways thanks for sharing the pics and hopefully the bite pics up for you. I will be up there on sat. from noon to midnight hopefully with a couple of fish to show for it.

went to the big pond last yr. and coming back this yr. we have never seen anything like that on ice. we are bringing 2 other newbies to the game this yr. should be fun. what's up in the fun -n- games department? mushrats or beavers, or snakes thru the ice? or other things.....

I shared the pictures with my partner and she thought it was so beautiful. We don't ice fish, but we fish June and September.

Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted By: Jimmy from Cottage Grove
Sunrise

picture073iu4.jpg

Now that is a spectacular Sunrise!

The reason I said "whats the point of this" is because everyone has seen a fish house getting pulled out. If you look on this site and see where it states, Forum's, Hot tips, and Secrets what so secret about this?

minni.....if you don't like looking at pictures, then don't. the rest of us enjoy seening the occasional photo of our favorite lake!!! not a big deal.

Yeah it is one of my favorite pictures I have ever taken on the pond. I took it just two miles out, looking back over hunters point.

One of the things that those pictures show to a small degree is the diversity of the fish house styles on Mille Lacs. I have seen more different designs, sizes, colors, etc. than on any other lake. I think a lot of guys think of their fish houses up there the same way young boys think of their cardboard box clubhouses. That's good, right. Being an adult is way over-rated.

Nice pics, nothing like a sunset on the lake. We have had the dead sea for the last two two weekends.

Nice pics, I enjoy seeing pics from everyone. It shows you ice fishing though someone elses eyes.

By the way minni, the title for this thread is "Pics of the big pond". If you werent ready to see pictures of miile lacs lake then you should have never clicked on the thread. Like some other people have said, keep your comments to yourself.

Awesome shots..thanks.

I shared them with some folks we were fishing with (ocean) in California over the holidays. They could not believe that people ice fished.

My kids are always impressed by the amounts of blues/oranges and colors during sunsets and rises (if we are awake for fish) on the lake. I think the huge white backdrop of ML helps.

A few years ago I had a friend up from Santiago Chile, he was so moved he painted a bunch of water color sketches, some of which he shared with my friend and I and some of which are now back in Santiago Chile on his office wall. So you never know where impressions will be taken.

thanks again.