• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

big lake in caledonia

does any one no if someone has plowed the road to get down to the lake yet? We fished it 2 weeks ago and did good but the walk out of there could kill a man.

Exactly how good did you do? I've been there before in the summer and only caught tiny sunnies. First name Jeff?

We caught a lot of nice sunnies and a few nice crappies. Yeah this is jeff who's this?

all right gentleman. where is big lake in caledonia? i've been exploring this country for the past 7 years, as this is where my in-laws live. haven't even heard a peep about this lake. can you help me out?

chadt thats the small pond i dont no the street and road names on how to get to the other lake but i will pay attention next time i go i think the dnr calls the bigger lake like R2 or R3 lake

Actually, the larger of the 2 lakes (both man made) is South Fork. Shamrock is smaller and there is no big walk to it.

If you go to South Fork and have to walk in, you will be walking down a hill to get to the bottom of the valley.

I grew up in the area and have fished in both and swung off the rope @ Southfork lake.

How much ice is on the little one? I've got a 1st birthday party to go to on Saturday in Spring Grove and may try it after the party.

there should be plenty of ice but if i were you i would go to the big one maybe after the snow melt you could get down there i always catch alot more there

all righty. i was thinking it was Southfork, never heard it called big lake. I have fished this plenty of times, my in-laws actually own the property at the bottom of the hill to the west of the pond. We fished it the weekend before Christmas and only caught a handful of dink crappies and gills. And, "the rope" no longer exists after a near-fatal accident as well as someone buying the property it was on. They very rarely plow that road down to the bottom and it is one he!! of a walk down and up.

what else swims this lake? i may be in houston for a week this summer, and need a few more spots.

i know there is trout crappie sunnies carp and i think some catfish or bullhead.