• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any reports out of Appeldoorns?

delta hunter

Any reports coming out of Appeldoorns lately? Looking at renting a house in a couple of weeks. Just wondering what all going on. The main thing I'm wondering is how far the roads go out to! Just trying to figure somethings out.

The bite has been a tough one for the last week. It finally started to pick up yesterday with some nice perch being taken out of the deeper water off of Doe Island Reef and 2 Mile Gravel.

The Walleye bite started to pick up yesterday evening and then again early this a.m.

Here are a couple of photos from a Paul Bosch

Bosch1.JPG

Bosch2.JPG

Nice pics! I'm a long time reader of FM and finally decided it was time to create a profile for myself. I love the reports and and story sharing that appear on this site. I'm looking forward to an outing through Appledoorn's on the 25-27th lets hope the bite is on!

Good luck to ya. Me and some buddies will be at Dickies that same weekend. Hope there is enough fish for both of us.

My dad and I have a 6hole house rented for the weekend of the 25-27. Nice to here the fish I getting a little more active but that is still a couple of weeks away yet! I just check the forcast for that weekend and it looks like it is going to pretty cold that week and weekend. Hopefully the weather stays a little consistant to keep the fish active!

I also have a house rented the 25-27th of Jan. I'm getting more excited reading the reports that the fish have started to pick up a little bit!!

Yeah that is good news, myself and some friends also have a 8 hole deluxe rented that weekend I think its #13 stop on by and have a beer my names Joe

Just got back from Appleldorns, To say the least no fish for us. Not a hit either night in the house and a few small perch during the day. Went around during the day Sat and saw lots of fish on the camera, but not takers. Talked to Paul on my way out this morning and said it has been slow and that a few houses have had some luck. Hope it turns on for you guys as your trip comes near. Report back and let us know.

Hey Paul,

How is the ice up there? Are all the houses out there now and if so, how far out? I have the new big one reserved in a few weeks, will it be out?

With the cold coming in, it should really thicken things up.

We were up this weekend. Things were slow, we managed a few small perch during the day but had to work for them. Others in our group did catch jumbos, just not very many. The largest couple of perch caught were 12". There were also a few eyes caught, ranging from 20"-26". Nothing under 20 to my knowledge.

We even saw a few eyes on the camera, unfortunately for us the perch hatch had them less than interested and were well fed.

Guys who left the main houses and moved to deeper structures in their portables around 26-30' did have a great time on jumbos, but they stayed mobile and didn't just hole up in the shacks.

The hospitality of Appledoorns was top notch, we'll be back, thanks Paul.

Chris,

We have had all of our houses out since 12/26. The big one is sitting out on a small rock pile a mile out from the resort.

The report doesn't look very promising right now, it has to get better going forward, right?? Any chance of navigating a wheeler off of the plowed roads? How is the slush?

Hey Paul,

are people driving on the ice with cars? Do you plan on moving anything in the next few weeks?

I was up over the weekend and put over 30 miles on my ATV, a few slush pockets but nothing 4WD could not get me threw. It was all getting pretty hard as far as I could see. Saw all types of vehicals on the lake!

I hope I am not a noobie for asking this, but where exactly is appledoorns? Is Sunset bay resort also Appledoorns? And Sunset bay is in isle right? Yellow outdoor sign?

Appeldoorns is six miles north of isle, just south of where 18 and 47 meet.

Appeldoorns IS sunset bay resort. They do have a yellow sign o nthe west side of 47 just north of Isle.

ok I do know where that is. I was just making sure. So that is right next to Wahkon pretty much. We are going out of Walleye Dundee's. \:\( Haven't had any luck on the eyes, only perch.

Anyone else on the lake in Dundee's or jj's area having any luck?

I have been going to walleye dundees for years now and have always had good fishin. Brad always trys to keep u onthe fish.

Its nice to get this cold weather to harden everything up, but sounds like if suppose to be a little warmer by the weekend of the 25-27. Which will be nice for moving around during the day time!

I agree, I am heading to Ely this weekend and -9 below actual temp is going to feel to good for to long, 24 degrees is perfect for me for next weekend lets hope it sticks

Don't have to give exact details but where are some good places over in that area. We are in a 219 to 20 foot hole to the west of the first island. We hae only been there for a week but it has not produced anything yet.

Originally Posted By: Chauncey
Nice pics! I'm a long time reader of FM and finally decided it was time to create a profile for myself. I love the reports and and story sharing that appear on this site. I'm looking forward to an outing through Appledoorn's on the 25-27th lets hope the bite is on!

Yo, hope to see you on Sunset Bay next weekend!