• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
cmalis27

Break in on Mitchell in EP

cmalis27

So I thought it would be fun to take my wife out for some ice fishing on new years eve. We got out to Mitchell Lake in Eden Prairie around 1pm and fished until dark only to find someone had broken into our van while we were out there and taken her purse. By 2:30 the had started making charges at gas stations in Richfield and Mpls., so they must have broken in during the middle of the day, with a fair amount of people around.

Just curious if anyone might have seen anything or anyone suspicious out there? I guess it's a hard lesson to make sure all valuables are out of sight no matter where you are. It just makes me sick that there are low lifes out there that do this kind of crap.

Schloogs

I am sorry to hear that. I live just down the road from Mitchell, I will let you know if I hear anything...

CommonSense Guy

cmalis27,

Too bad DitchPickle didn't catch him doing it. It would have been worth getting you ride broken into to have him catch the perp. YOu guys could have sunk him in the bottom of the lake and used him for stucture.

doughboy

Sorry to hear that. I was out on Mitchell between 2:30PM-5PM New Years Eve. There were a lot of people out fishing. I have been fishing Mitchell on a consistent basis the last three weeks. I have noticed there tends to be a lot of suspicious traffic driving in and around the park.

tj417

What do you catch out there anyway?

Dingy

Have you guys been catching fish? Mitchell winter killed last March. PM please if you'd like. I won't fish it, but know someone at the DNR who would like to know if people are catching fish and what kind. Thanks.

vikingmeatwad

This sucks your van was broken into while you were fishing. I hope you called the cops to report it.

Some cities like that you don't report crime as it makes them look safer.

HossFisher

I went out there once and we did really well. Caught some nice crappies and some really really nice sunfish. You just have to work a little bit to get on the fish. They have been getting a few northerns out there also.

cmalis27

Oh yeah, I had the cops out there.

I've been out there twice this year and had mixed results. Some crappies, sunnies, and a small pike.

doughboy

I have been out on Mitchell a half dozen times over the last three weeks. I have tied into some nice sunnies and crappies. Recently I seen some nice northern's caught on tip up's (3 over 30+ inches) the last two times I have been out. Most of the fish are being caught in 6-8ft of water.

Schloogs

If you can find them the fishing can be pretty good, but it is definately not what it has been in past years

tj417

Where is the access for Mitchell?

Schloogs

It is in Miller park. Miller park is between 312 and Hwy 5 on Eden Prairie Rd (Hwy 4).

DitchPickle13

Yeah, I wish I would have shown up a few minutes earlier...I'll leave it at that