• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

WHAT ABOUT COOKIES

KRAM121881

I AM SURE THAT THIS QUESTION HAS BEEN ASKED BEFORE HOWEVER I COULDN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE. THINKING OF USING COOKIES THIS YEAR ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HIM AND HIS OUTFIT.

By all means yes.

if ya can get in with cookie go for it,

all around great guy and works as hard as the rest on url to give you all you could ask for. can't go wrong with him. enjoy his outing.

Our experience was ok, it was a cold weekend, but we had a great time, even though the holes within the house froze shut and they was no one there to redrill them for us. crazy.gif

My bros, dad and I are using cookies too for a day before going up to the big pond for our annual trip. Just wondering what has been working or should we use stuff that we use on the big pond. Trying to get a step obove my dad since he has been there before and I haven't. If you guys can give me some tid bits it will be appreciated. I will post when I get back. Thanks

Silverlake I sure do not remember anything like that happening? What house were you in? I have on occasion had to re drill a hole or two but you make it sound like I was no where to be found and you could not fish?

I was up with cookie earlier this before christmas. All i can say he is a great guy. He checked up on us periodocally though out hte day, and definetly had us on the fish. The house was awesome, it was cold and windy out but we were warm and well taken care of. Silver lake what do you mean the holes froze over? Were you fishing or just watching the ice form on them? I would rate cookie as a A+ he even hung out in the evening and chatted with us and had a pepsi. Nooner

We fished out of a 8x16 brown wheeled house. The holes froze shut within three hours of drilling them and could not just use on ice dipper to clean them out. I was not bashing cookie, just letting you know the experience we had, being someone wanted the honest truth. In Cookies defense, I believe the house was not one of his regular houses.

Cookie is a top notch person, I have stayed with him before and he made my first trip to Red Lake a memory I will not forget. He had a beer in the fridge for you and the house was warm and cozy. He checked on us all the time and made sure we were on fish. We are headed up there again to stay in one of his big houses. I can't wait to get up and catch some walleyes because I know Cookie will put us on them.

I was up for xmas with the family and watched cookie run like crazy getting things ready for his customers. From plowing the road to getting houses out and heated! The kids and I used one of cookies older houses and even that was pretty nice! About 3 hrs of fishing we got 5 legal eyes! Overall he goes out of his way for his customers! smile.gif

I'm another satisfied customer, a friend and I stayed at his cabin a few weeks ago, we had a great time. We had portables but he let us use a hard house one night, (we basically played cribbage) but woke up twice by the rattle reels, 2 very nice slot fish.

Thanks Cookie!

I now remember that house and it was a borrowed house that turned into a nightmare? Never install a heater with a blower with out away to charge the battiers.Plus banking the house was another nightmare you could not get snow behind the tires. I did finaly start blocking them off with some plywood then snow. Glad I do not have that house again this year

I personally have never stayed in one of Cookies sleepers, but have heard nothing but really good things from people who have. I did get a chance to meet him this summer at hillmans and he was kind enough to give us some great tips for some monster pike and some walleye spots. I am positive you cannot go wrong with him.

Cookie, this is Ku-Ku, I dont know if you remember me, but all I gotta say is COOKIE is a top notch guy. I rented a house from him last year and even though the high temps that weekend average -15-20 and night temps in the -30's he still came and check up on us all the time to see if we were okay. He knows how to run his operation. Cookie I am going to email you soon about renting sometime in March soon. You wont be disappointed going with Cookie. wink.gif