• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

First of all happy new year.Need help with ice auger pull start coil busted off of cover. Need new cover. It is a tecumseh model no. tc300? Happened last year got a cover from a tecumseh weed wacker. Where would I get a new one? Would anyone have a tecumseh cover laying around?

Happy New Year all!! Wolfman, sorry to hear about your auger woes. I cant be of much help but I got curious. Eskimo has about zero presence on the web. Pretty strange, maybe says something about the company. I looked up Strikemaster and boom, there they are with parts and the whole nine yards. (we should be in the equipment forum with this) but one cool thing I was able to do with my Strikemaster was convert it from a chipper to a lazer by simply buying a new drill assembly. (about $120) It was a lot cheaper a few years back when I did it. What a difference.

Eskimo I believe is made by artdisam they are located in Cumberland WI I drove over to their shop and picked up some parts I needed a couple of years ago goood people to work with. smile.gif

You might want to try [link removed by admin] they have a nice selection of small engine parts.

ole matty,

Just throwing this out there for your question. I love my 8 inch Eskimo. Its been a great auger for me. I usually use my 10 inch Lazer lately, but I will never get rid of the Eskimo as long it keeps running. cool.gif

I can't say where to get parts since I've never needed any for it besides a new set of blades. Its probably 10-12 years old now.

I would go to my local small engine shop and see if they got a part for you. Most times it is just a standard techumseh part. A hardware stores may carry those parts also.

I just orderd the entire top of the motor from a local small engine place, runs about 60 bucks, if you want you can just order the recoil parts and rewind the spring(BIG PAIN IN THE.....) just have the model number TC300 and what ever is after that, any place that sells lawnmoweres would be a great place to start,

And yes Eskimo is a great product, my dads old one is still running strong, (must be close to 20 years old) and mine besides the recoil is still going great 5 years old)The company is Ardisam and they are in Cumberland, WI. They have great customer service, I wanted to exchange the 8 inch for a 10 inch and they guy meet me in Luck to exchange.

BTW if you search for Eskimo Ice auger you can find alot of refferences on the web, but you need to look up the motor to find parts for that. here is a web site that matches alot of the newer tc300's but always check with the shop with the model number and type before ordering your part

tc300 parts

I have a 25 year old (or so) Eskimo. 3-4 years ago I had the hood break where it held the gas tank on. One of the retailers recommended a landscape company in New Brighton, Rock something or something Rock. The part was obsolete so he picked one he thought would work and ordered it, and said if it didn't work bring it back. Had to redrill one hole, and drill the rivets out for the recoil on the old one and screwed it on. Back in business. He knows his way around small engines and augers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would like to thank all u fishermen that help me get back on the ice.Cost me 32 bucks 4 ice auger cover used ,well worth it.To date me and my buddy 327 crappie 12 walley all because u fellows cared. This is a great country we live in but its even better with people that care.

Wolfman! Where are you located? I have a 10 inch Strike Master Lazer that has a Tecumseh engine and I have the ownmers manual which lists where you can buy parts through out the USA, including telephone numbers for their parts dealers. Get back to me in this forum or Email me at [email protected]

Tight Lines

UncleKes