• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cottonwood River Smallmouth???

I was looking at the DNR's Public Access maps for accesses on the mn river, and on the second page there is a list of the landings and it also says what types of fish that are in the body of water that the access is on, and under the Cottonwood river it says there are Smallmouth Bass in it and I can't believe there are smallmouth bass in there. So I guess I was just wondering if anyone has ever caught any in there or heard of them being caught.

I've caught smallies out of the cottonwood. Nothing to bring to taxidermy, but I've caught them.

• 5 weeks later...

i've seen 5 lb + caught in new ulm when the schells brewery dam was still there. every once in a while i hear about some being caught still, just find deep holes early in the season also can be good for walleyes to.