• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Zipple reports?

It's funny that I always hear about fighting through the pout at night. I hear that about Mille Lacs and LOW all the time. Now, I've obviously only fished LOW once, but have also gone to Mille Lacs a few times at night now. Never once caught a pout. I've never caught one period. Maybe it's because I will them away or something, because I'm not too interested in ever catching one. I wish I wasn't as technically challenged as I am, or I would try to throw some of the pictures of the fish we caught at night to one of my posts. Maybe my wife can help me with that one of these days.

We had a terrible weekend bite. We have houses in 18 ft and 26 ft, caught a total of six keeper eyes over 3 days with 5 guys fishin. Tried 14 ft and 30 ft on Sat. Nada. This was my 3'rd trip up so far and by far the worst. Good job on the night bite Otis. I have spent aprox. 100 nights on the lake and have never seen a walleye caught after dark. I believe people do, but not us. We quit trying 2 or 3 yrs ago, maybe things are changin.

we have caught fish at night not much tho maybe 3 at most.and it was a full mooon.but other than that if you can catch them at night its a bounus.im heading up to zipple tomorrow mornin till thursday.the bite seems tobe better during theweek.less ppl and less trafic.

Was up in the private house off sauger in 25 FOW Thur and Friday and the fishing was very slow. The first morning we got a lot of bites but the fish would take the minnow for a few inches and spit it. We caught only a few jigging and we tried a lot of lures. On Friday the bite before noon only showed up a couple nibbles so we brought the portable out to 30 FOW off hotspot. In an hour in a half we saw one fish on the vex. Loaded up the operation and moved to Adrians road were we tried 33-34 FOW and then 28 FOW with no bites in 3 hours. Drove back to the hard sided house at 3:30 and the fish were biting but same thing as first morning very finicky. We missed a few nicer fish but after waiting 15-20 seconds they still didn't have the hook in thier mouth.

Friday night we got into the pout. Right at dark they started biting and by sun up we had one minnow down, two tangles, a line snap and four pout on the ice. Saturday morning we fished until 10:30 and caught on more keeper bringing the fish count to 4 10 inchers, 2 12 inchers and 2 14 inchers, we tossed back a handfull of fingerlings. Don't usually keep the 10 inchers but on this trip we had to!

Fished Upper Red from 1:00-6:00 Sat and missed two fish and caught a 19in eye and a 29in pike, of course both were released.

Been going to LOW for 10 years now usually 4-5 trips per year and this was one of the slowest bites yet. We did have a couple other trips that were bad too.

Talked to a fishersman who did a lot better then we did in 28 FOW and 14 FOW, he caught a 22in eye at 11PM one night. All the other reports were slow.

We were up by sauger over the weekend. Rented one of the sleepers from the resort. We did fairly well. Caught a little over 30 eyes/saugers. Brought home 20. Biggest fish was 27 1/2". Caught one pout. Out of 9 of us, 2 did really well. Also caught and released a 23" and missed 2 or 3 20+" at the hole. Thinking about going back in a few weeks. We had a blast.

30 fish between 9 guys over a weekend seems sort of slow! That would average out to about 1.5 fish per day per person. You did catch some nice eye's though which is nice. That 27 incher came out in the sauger house?

Was thinking about going back up later this week but gonna hold off for a while.

just got back from zipple it was slow but we managed to get 7 walleyes 16 inchs.1 29 inch nothern. and 1 25 inch walleye that got thrown back.we caught most of the fish in the shallows durning the afternoon.we did caught 2 at 9;30 at night in 18ft.im going to wait about 2 weeks before i head back up.

Any reports from the weekend? Leaving in the morning for Red then to Zipple Wednesday thru Friday. \:D

its still slow 18 to 26 ft seems tobe the key.a few being caught in the shallows but the deeper water is where ya want tobe.

Just curious about the chubby darters, what size were you using? The stores can't seem to keep them in stock. Thanks!

Any word on the Zipple Bay bite? What's the hot road, best depth, lures, hot lure color? Anyone going in shallow or doing any good after dark? I will be heading out in the morning[Friday].

its more on the slow side.they r not doing good in the shallows at all.gotta go deep 32ft range is where they been hitting them.nothin after dark realy.not sure what they r using but i always use my red buckshot.

Yep pretty slow this weekend. Nothing at all in 18 ft. Moved to 28 and caught alot of little ones, just a few big enough for the pan. We did manage one 25 inch that acted like she had been through this all before. She posed really nice for the pictures, not flopping around at all then took off like a shot when she hit the water again.

A buddy and I fished out on Adrians Roads this past weekend. We started out in 36 ft Sat, morning. caught about 15 by noon. Mostly small. Moved into 24 ft for the late afternoon bite. caught only one fish a nice 18 inch eye. After dark we moved back out to 36 ft for the sunday morning bite. Pretty slow. Ended up with a few more before we pulled the pin at 1:00. Still a fun trip.